SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where do duck go when it rains? OK, geese too.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do duck go when it rains? OK, geese too. Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
The view out my front windows looks upstream maybe 2 miles or so. Being on the sunny side of the river, I can mostly see Ohio, but maybe a mile or so of Kentucky. Lots of shore line.

On nice days (not like what we've been having) I can see dozens of the floating critters. Yeah, I watch them just out of interest. Sometimes they cross the river. But there are none to be seen on rainy days. Are there shelters where they go, like the homeless (bums?) It never crossed my mind that they disappear when it rains. I just guessed they got wet on the top too. Can't fly above the clouds, or maybe they can.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They go in to a quack house.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Just somewhere else, chillin' in the rain.

Ducks care about nothing but being ducks. Smile

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Be kind to our fine feathered friends,
For that duck might be somebody's mother,
She lives in a hole in the ground,
Where it's very, very damp.

Or at least that's what the Boy Scouts used to say.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Where do duck go..?' 'Sorry, it's classified.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
On my lake the ducks and geese often go to the shallow mud flat area of my lake that has some partial tree cover that provides some shelter when it rains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Ones on our pond growing up would always just get over on the banks near a tree. Just sit down and tuck their head along their backs. Chill out till rain stopped. Light rain they usually seemed to not care about.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Among the rushes.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do ducks really care if they get wet?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I guess there are no Duck Hunters on this board.

Some of the best duck hunting you'll ever have is in the rain and a driving wind.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Duck Duck Go - duurrr.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where do duck go when it rains? OK, geese too

...so, you never heard of "Duck & Cover"???

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post