SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hot Tub owners/ experts / come on in
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot Tub owners/ experts / come on in Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It's great for a while, then you use it less and less and maintenance
becomes a PITA and you say why did I buy this damn thing!
Came with the house we bought. I didn't care about it, guess who got to maintain it.
Been empty for 15 years, it's in a solarium, I would have to saw it to pieces to get it out,
but I did like it for the first year.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend had one that went tits up, due to leaks and having other expensive maintenance issues. Age of the tub was a factor too. Then she couldn't find anyone willing to haul it off her property. Eventually a neighbor volunteered to saw it into pieces and haul the pieces to the dump. It was quite a job.
So if you get one, you are probably going to have to live with it quite a while.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16178 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
It's great for a while, then you use it less and less and maintenance
becomes a PITA and you say why did I buy this damn thing!
Came with the house we bought. I didn't care about it, guess who got to maintain it.
Been empty for 15 years, it's in a solarium, I would have to saw it to pieces to get it out,
but I did like it for the first year.

Bought a house once that had an uncovered, in-ground fiberglass hot tub with redwood deck built around it. Had a HUGE natural gas heater that could heat an Olympic sized pool, ha. Enjoyed it for a while and then one day I had emptied it to do a thorough cleaning. Was tired so I just figured I would refill it in the morning, add chemicals, etc. Rained during the night and the dang thing floated out breaking all the pipes and decking. Dirt washed underneath so it wouldn't sit back like it was. I had to remove the decking, lift out the tub and level underneath. Never again.

Posts: 267 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post