Please delete Login/Join 
posted
Please delete

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigeinkcmo,

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
No experience with the Vespa 300 but did ride a Yamaha Xmax 300 scooter during a Yamaha demo day. Seemed a lot more relaxed riding than smaller scooters. You might take a look at that one.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or the Suzuki Bergman line. They have 400 and 650 models. I had a Piaggio P3 500 and loved it, but had to sell it when the dealer closed. I couldn't get the plastic off to service it.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Why not get a Honda Super Cub C125?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm older than I look
posted Hide Post
I have a 2013 GTS 300. it's a good bike but it can get really squirrely on the freeway because of the small tires. my worst crash ever was a tank slapper with a GTS 200 6 years ago. but once I recovered and got the insurance money I promptly picked up this GTS 300. I would buy used. if you have any questions about how to do so and what things to check for let me know. the newer gts's have abs and even traction control so that would be nice to get. but definitely buy used you can get it much much cheaper

Posts: 1941 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Back in HS back in the 60's my buddy got a Vespa. Thought it was the coolest thing ever!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 1960 Sears Vespa. The small wheels were much less stable than larger diameter motorcycle wheels. I bounced my 15 year old ass off the pavement many times.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4344 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest that you try before you buy . I rode motorcycles for many years and then quit for about 15. I thought a scooter might be convenient around town.
I bought one and became aware very quickly how much I missed the ability to grasp the bike with my legs. With a scooter , you don't so much ride one as you sit on top of it.
I traded for a small Honda and am much, much happier. YMMV....

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I had a 2010 300 Super for several years and loved it. I wish I could have kept it actually. It felt kind of that perfect size, easy to go slow and easy or reasonably fast to go across town at 60mph.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper!

Posts: 784 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Will a 300 have enough power/torque to carry 2 adults. I had a 150 that bogged down when I took my then girlfriend to brunch or get coffee because the amount of torque bordered on non-existent. Big Grin

Then only thing I'd suggest is taking a hard look at intended miles per year of riding and the required maintenance schedule. Centrally located urban area won't matter much but at one time I had a 60 mile round trip commute to work. Scheduled maintenance was every 2K miles and that racked up quickly.

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm older than I look
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KBobAries:
Will a 300 have enough power/torque to carry 2 adults. I had a 150 that bogged down when I took my then girlfriend to brunch or get coffee because the amount of torque bordered on non-existent. Big Grin

Then only thing I'd suggest is taking a hard look at intended miles per year of riding and the required maintenance schedule. Centrally located urban area won't matter much but at one time I had a 60 mile round trip commute to work. Scheduled maintenance was every 2K miles and that racked up quickly.

Dan

Yes, seen it firsthand many times. Though based on the weight YMMV. And the application, e.g, where and how fast are you going.

These new GTS' have a governator. So once it hits 80'ish true (read non speedo) mph, it will starting jerking because it's rev'ing but the governator is kicking in.

So if you're doing back/city roads at about 60 or so mph should be ok.

On the freeways or faster, you'll really have to time yourself and make sure you get up to speed before you shift lanes.

And if you're somewhat handy, changing the oil, battery, and brakepads are pretty straightforward with lots of youtube and online vespa forums to help you.

Posts: 1941 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suggest a Suzuki Bergman. More Suzuki dealers that Vespa or Piaggio dealers.

Yamaha and Honda also sell Scooters and those Dealerships are everywhere.

Italian Scooters/Motorcycles are nicely made but Dealer parts and service is spotty.

Oh, and AVOID Chinese Scooters.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post