SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a puppy fix?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a puppy fix? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted

Daughter has picked this male out of the litter of Akitas she had dibs on. Be a few weeks yet before he can come home. Owner/Breeder is very particular about matching dogs to owners and had it narrowed down to this one or another male. This little guy is VERY laid back which makes him a good fit for my daughter's situation.

Dad on the left, Mom on the right. Pup should go well over 100 pounds, probably 20 of that by 8 weeks when "we" can pick him up.

I'm going up with her Wednesday to visit my "new grandfurkid".

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Now that's a fur-ball Smile

Archerman

Posts: 2500 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
What a cutie!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4364 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super cute. Her vacuum will never be the same.

Posts: 4011 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
I have had a few. Great dogs and VERY protective of the family.
Def need to brush frequently though. Good luck with him.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1864 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Need a puppy fix?

/me browses the "Enough with the dog pics" thread

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18094 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to get an Akita someday

Posts: 1186 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
amazing animals.

please keep us updated with pics as the pooch comes home and grows Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11158 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like he should be a fun addition to the family. Congrats.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2787 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
amazing animals.

please keep us updated with pics as the pooch comes home and grows Big Grin

Count on it.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Too cute!! Looking forward to more pictures.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Now how are you going to be a crabby old man with that pup running around? Smile

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Now how are you going to be a crabby old man with that pup running around? Smile

1. I can multi-task

2. He'll be at my daughter's house, 20 miles away.

Big Grin