SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Los Angeles Democratic mayoral candidate Karen Bass says home was burglarized, two guns stolen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Los Angeles Democratic mayoral candidate Karen Bass says home was burglarized, two guns stolen Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ized-two-guns-stolen

quote:
Democratic Congresswoman Karen Bass, who is running for mayor of Los Angeles, announced Saturday that her home was burglarized as the city experiences a surge in crime that is one of the top concerns facing southern California voters.

"Last night, I came home and discovered that my house had been broken into and burglarized," the Bass campaign said in a statement. "LAPD was called, and I appreciate their assistance. At this time, it appears that only two firearms, despite being safely and securely stored, were stolen. Cash, electronics and other valuables were not. It's unnerving and, unfortunately, it's something that far too many Angelenos have faced."

It is unclear if police have identified a suspect or if any arrests have been made.

Anybody else thinking something doesn’t smell right here?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm. Were there signs of forced entry?? What did the ring doorbell show? The firearms are in the ocean.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ized-two-guns-stolen

quote:
Democratic Congresswoman Karen Bass, who is running for mayor of Los Angeles, announced Saturday that her home was burglarized as the city experiences a surge in crime that is one of the top concerns facing southern California voters.

"Last night, I came home and discovered that my house had been broken into and burglarized," the Bass campaign said in a statement. "LAPD was called, and I appreciate their assistance. At this time, it appears that only two firearms, despite being safely and securely stored, were stolen. Cash, electronics and other valuables were not. It's unnerving and, unfortunately, it's something that far too many Angelenos have faced."

It is unclear if police have identified a suspect or if any arrests have been made.

Anybody else thinking something doesn’t smell right here?

They took the time to get “safely and securely stored” guns while ignoring cash and other valuables? Definitely looks suspicious.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6417 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, my "bullshit" detector is going off.

UNLESS those guns had some sentimental / intrinsic value, they'd also take the cash, jewelry, electronics. Stuff they can toss in a back-pack, and go.

(They were someones grandfathers guns, or she had Al Capone's/Audy Murphy's 1911, they were the Cabot handguns made from an asteroid...)

This aint passing the sniff test. In the end, nothing will probably come of it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cash is King.

Posts: 12706 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
The firearms are in the ocean.

Better guess is that those firearms never existed to begin with.

Posts: 20121 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Nothing about this passes the smell test. The "safely and securely stored" comment is just standard boilerplate added to cover for an elected liberal. 'If' the guns ever existed (which I doubt) they were most assuredly 'not' securely stored. And what criminal leaves cash behind? Why go to the effort of breaking into someone's home if you're not going to make it count.

Nah, IMO this whole story is utter BS. Hey Karen, tell us what's really going on here....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Smells like a lamebrain attempt to claim support for police in her campaign.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
She is a democrat

Thus, she is lying

Posts: 53205 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
cant be a democrat without being a victim. This is a BS story so she can say she supports law enforcement and wants the stop the crime problem the democrats created with defund the police. You watch she will now be screaming about stopping all of this crime.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A liberal Democrat with two guns? I smell bullshit.

Posts: 2487 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Liberal Democrat who owns two handguns, in LA?

Firearms are safe and secured, but still were easily stolen.

Cash, electronics and other valuables that were not secured were ignored and left behind.

Yeah..... right.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37986 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Sorry, this is just too comical. I'm laughing.
"safely and securily stored firearms were stolen.
Cash, electronics, and other valuables were not."
Ohhhh, please. Cash was not stolen?? The easiest thing to
profit from??

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
DemocRATs lie and have obvious agendas. The big question is how do they hope to benefit from this? Perhaps something like “despite being properly stored and secured, peoples guns are not safe from theft- we need to do more about people having guns in their own houses”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15604 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an inside job. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5305 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds bass ackwards to me, too.

Posts: 3225 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I believe her, completely.

On an unrelated note, if anyone at LAPD has a homicide suspect in custody and is trying to figure out who the straw-purchaser for the shooter was, I might have a lead for them.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I am sorry and I don't mean to offend any members or maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet but who cares? Why would we even mention this or waste time with this? Sorry, my 2-cents

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1378 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:

Kid or step-kid who "borrowed" them and then "loaned" the to a friend who subsequently "forgot" them in the front seat of his/her car upon which said guns were used in a felony crime which involved trigger pulling and blood.

That’s my guess.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:

Kid or step-kid who "borrowed" them and then "loaned" the to a friend who subsequently "forgot" them in the front seat of his/her car upon which said guns were used in a felony crime which involved trigger pulling and blood.

That’s my guess.
Yes, they're preemptively exonerating her.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post