SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Employment attorney Denver?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Employment attorney Denver? Login/Join 
posted
Thank for the feedback, after consulting with my trusted and very experienced criminal attorney friend and explaining all the details we know there's no criminal aspect to this, he did get a qualified referral through one of his partners. Thanks again. I'll have nothing else to add to this thread. Be safe all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: doc45,

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Need copies of vehicle maintenance records.
2. Does he have any documentation that he submitted the request for brake work?

I'm not sure you need need a employment lawyer as much as a criminal one. If your son knew there was an issue with brakes and still drove the truck, he could be found at least partially liable.

Posts: 7116 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW, here's what was posted recently in a Denver magazine.

http://www.5280.com/2016/12/denvers-top-lawyers-2017/

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Just an opinion, but yeah, seek professional advice. A person may think the company would be on the hook but he is the one who may have driven a vehicle that he knew had bad brakes. Not sure which way the wind would blow on liability for that. I would get dirty looks for refusing unsafe equipment at times but it would be me and my license on the side of the road dealing with any problems and you can be damn sure the company would at least try to deny all knowledge of any problems.

Posts: 3575 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, for obvious reasons I'm vague on details publicly. Definitely nothing criminal about this situation, definitely an employer/employee thing.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Definitely nothing criminal about this situation

Don't take that for granted.

Posts: 7116 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post