SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendations for EVOO?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for EVOO? Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
California Olive Ranch is about the best bang for your buck out there.

This is what I get. It was also the top rated by Cooks Illustrated.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17294 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I've been buying from Oliver's and Co. the last year or so. They have some great infused olive oil that make fantastic board sauces. Once I started using oils from these guys i realized most stuff I was using before was more grease than oil.

Don't have a Costco nearby so I can't try their stuff but I can vouch for the Oliver's stuff!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Vito Corleone prefered Genco Pura.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I don't want that sumbitch delivering it to me. Remember what happened to Don Cheech.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
For a store brand, Trader Joe's Kalamata EVOO is really good.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5283 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Most of them on the market from Europe are fake. Which is a damn shame. We trust American farmers, and Ameerican regulators. Any of the California olive oils are going to be legit.

I'll agree that California Olive Ranch is easy to find, and affordable, at a lot of places. My local Wal-mart even carries it.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Aldi's EVOO is the best for the price I've ever seen.

If you read the small print, it looks like it's mostly from Turkey, but it's not bad at all.

Posts: 33855 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post