SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid...27 days later it’s....Ha! Just kidding!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid...27 days later it’s....Ha! Just kidding! Login/Join 
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
No car.

You need to contact this guy. He specializes in this type of thing... Plus, he might even enjoy ripping your dealer a new one!

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
As I feared, just spoke with an attorney and because of the age of the car we have no legal recourse.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Spoke with corporate again. They refuse to extend the warranty or to specifically warranty the work. They are telling me the dealership is telling them it should be done today. This is the third “Today” this week.

So it sounds like one day I’ll get our car back and their hands will be washed if it, and I have zero options or recourse.

What a crock of shit.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for a better outcome. We all were. Hyundai will never get a dime from me.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I don’t expect to be made whole, but I posted a review on their Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/J.Poppl...eview_image_id&mdf=1

-JALLEN

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’d do one on Yelp and White Pages, too.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Post a condensed version on Hyundai's twitter page too. No reason to be polite anymore.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Can't believe they tried to pawn it off to another dealership on their facebook reply. Also I saw another review from November 2017 which really blasted their service department. That person claimed the dealership told him to take his car to another dealer too. Must be a pattern for them.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
Once you get your car back you might try picketing them on their busiest day to sell cars Saturday.This will vex them to no end. Only picket on a public sidewalk and keep the info on the sign factual and pithy. Sorry the Klingons are such dishonest people.

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Still no car?

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Still no car?

Nope. They didn’t even bother updating us, after saying every day this week that it was going to be ready the next day.

-JALLEN

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There's something going on that I don't understand. In the first post, you said that you have an extended warranty.

Is that still in effect? Or has it expired?

If still in effect, is it a manufacturer's warranty, from Hyundai, or is it third party?

Is there no recourse under the terms of the warranty?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I don’t expect to be made whole, but I posted a review on their Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/J.Poppl...eview_image_id&mdf=1
Unable to see anything without logging in. I do not have a FaceBook account, so can not log in.

Can you copy and paste here, so those of us who do not participate in FaceBook can see it?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read through the thread a few days back, so I may have missed this, but have you contacted any local news channels? Any publicity you can get to this is bound to work in your favor. Heck, tag some local channels in your Facebook post.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Guy who worked for me here drove his pickup with a HUGE magnetic door sign proclaiming the rig a lemon and the maker and dealer asshats with his number saying "call me" is you need to know more about why! He got A LOT of attention which pissed the dealer off no end. Refused to take it off in exchange for money saying they had their chance. LOL

I too am not a social media maven and cannot read any of that facebook stuff.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
There's something going on that I don't understand. In the first post, you said that you have an extended warranty.

Is that still in effect? Or has it expired?

If still in effect, is it a manufacturer's warranty, from Hyundai, or is it third party?

Is there no recourse under the terms of the warranty?

This is under the original 100,000 mile/10 year warranty from the manufacturer.

We are looking into our options.

-JALLEN

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Dude you should sell that car the second they give hr back to you. Hell trade it in to them and demand fair market value.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Sometimes its wise to cut your losses and run. Its time to give someone else the pleasure of dealing with a non performing party. This cycle you have all of us on your side. If you take the thing back and have another problem, we'll say we told you so. Not that our sympathy is of any value.

I would move forward with the view that the car is, in fact a lemon. Also that the dealer is both unethical and incompetent. If the car runs when you take it back, drive to another dealer and see if you can unload it. It would be unethical for you to sell it privately. Accept the fact that you either got taken when you bought it, or that the car wasn't the value you'd hoped it would be. So the next cycle you buy a better brand. Accept the idea that you were taken to the cleaners. Once, shame on you, twice, shame on me.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I saw on your Facebook post where the owner of the dealership is reaching out. Good luck! Maybe the Facebook post is what it took to get it resolved. Hopefully, anyway.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I saw on your Facebook post where the owner of the dealership is reaching out. Good luck! Maybe the Facebook post is what it took to get it resolved. Hopefully, anyway.

I hope so too. My concern is that corporate is really where the buck stops. There’s nothing t much the dealership can do for me other than fix it or offer me fair market if they will buy it.

I’m with you all 100% on getting rid of it. Our big problem with that is we owe around $13,000 on it and the trade value is around $6,500. That is from the value plummeting after purchase combined with the aftermarket warranty my wife purchased through her credit union. Even with us buying new and putting a couple grand down. That is a hard hit to swallow. We have put around 70,000 miles on it since we bought it, we both drive a lot, but that lack of equity is a killer. This was my wife’s first car after 13 years with a Honda. Should have bought another Honda!

-JALLEN