SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It’s that time of the year again, updated signature and retirement countdown!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s that time of the year again, updated signature and retirement countdown! Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Hit exactly half way on the 27th of July, I been counting down this signature since 18 years away! It’s all downhill from here.

They can promote me 2.99 years out and I’m still putting in paperwork for 20 years on the dot!

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good deal J. It will be a day to celebrate.

btw, I got your email. Get mine?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Yes, Sir. Been working shift work the past several days. I hate to send a short reply so been waiting for a day off (tomorrow) to send a proper reply!

I don’t know if that photo is of Twisty or Galena though!

I’ll be replying tomorrow when I can sit down and type out a proper deserving response.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Ten years! Good for you, man. I’m a little envious, as I think I have 12 more.

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
As of August 29th, my timer is at the 10 year mark. It’s amazing to see the finish line in the distance isn’t it?

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got 14 left. The end of the mortgage is a lot closer. That light is getting pretty bright.

Posts: 1162 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
For the first time since my childhood, I was overjoyed when my half-birthday rolled around this year. The reason is it meant I was retirement eligible in 3.5 years.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Down to 6 months here. February 2025. Can’t wait.

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 28, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm eligible to retire December 2028 but I'm going for the bird and will likely stick around long enough to get 3 years in as an O6.

Posts: 13291 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
April of 2025 is my target. After that maybe just do day trips if anyone wants to hire me.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never had a set date. After the company had been sold for the fifth time and they treated people
like crap, at 61 years old being fed up one day I just said I quit in a not very polite way.
Now I have no stress.

Posts: 1325 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Hopefully all is smooth sailing.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2783 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
The second half seems to go by faster..

My last day at work was 7/12/24, 30 years and 1 month. For the state retirement system my “official” retirement date is tomorrow (8/1/24).

It is a great feeling!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11220 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
James,
The time will go by so much quicker than you think.
I too recall "counting down" until retirement and rechecking my retirement financial options. Then bang, 31 March 2007, and I'm a "free man!" Retired at 59.5 yo. Now 17 years plus later I marvel at how fast the time has gone by. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post