SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Expedition- 17 or 18?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expedition- 17 or 18? Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Good deals now on 17s but 18s have new design and nicer interior. Not sure about aluminum body. Are dings easier or harder to remove?

Seems no matter how far I park from other vehicles, by the time I return there invariably will be a two door with wide door swing parked right next to me.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1490 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reviews say the '18 is a game changing vehicle.

Posts: 5169 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Ya gotta go ‘18!

I cross shopped it heavily but ended up with an ‘18 Yukon Denali instead.

The 2018 Expedition is a very nice ride.

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
If I could afford it 2018 it would be.
I ended up with a 2016 because it would appear a lot of fleets are dumping their 2016s for the 2018s.
I started looking a couple months ago and there were a few 2016s available but within the last couple weeks the market became flooded with 2016s.
I got a 2016 EL with 43,000 miles for a little more than half the sticker price. Hope to finally get to pick it up in a couple of days.

The 2016 is one slick ride but the 2018 is on an even higher level. Ford really knocked it out fbthe Park I feel.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25452 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Good deals now on 17s but 18s have new design and nicer interior. Not sure about aluminum body. Are dings easier or harder to remove?

Seems no matter how far I park from other vehicles, by the time I return there invariably will be a two door with wide door swing parked right next to me.

Much harder to ding, much harder to repair.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
2017 for me all the way. No new design models are without issues. Why go through that. "Game changing" what do you expect them to say? Give me a proven model.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19256 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3980 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Get yo donk on! Go wit da 32"s my man. Smile

Expedonktion

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
Get yo donk on! Go wit da 32"s my man. Smile

Expedonktion

That's both hilarious and hideous. Other than the rims and extra emblems that Expedition looks exactly like my 99. I'm out of town now so I just sent one of the pictures to my wife telling that I just scored those rims of Craigslist. We'll see how that goes over Wink

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you are looking for. The 2018 design is new. I wouldn't worry so much about first year model bugs as so much of it carries over from the F-150. The interior s nicer, it's lighter weight, and gets better mileage.

That said, if you can find a leftover 2017 with the options that you're looking for, it's a hell of a lot cheaper. I've got X-Plan from Ford and I was looking the other night. My X-Plan price on a 2018 XLT equipped the way I would want it is $62K. Right now a dealership down the road has a 2017 King Ranch with a whole lot more equipment and my X-Plan price on it is $52k.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11785 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post