SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago may deny creds to police who retire vs getting COVID Shot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago may deny creds to police who retire vs getting COVID Shot Login/Join 
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chi...-retirement-benefits

"The Chicago Police Department’s top cop has threatened to deny retirement benefits to those who choose to retire from the job rather than comply with the city's COVID-19 vaccination policy, according to local reports.

Chicago Police Superintendent David O. Brown said that those officers who do choose to retire rather than follow City Hall’s orders "may be denied retirement credentials," the Chicago Tribune reported, citing Brown’s Sunday memo...."

Posts: 7023 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
I would sure think the Union, the State and some Lawyers might have a difference of opinion.

Posts: 1353 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I sense a blue flu about to sweep through Chicago

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I sense a blue flu about to sweep through Chicago

Wait, you’re saying the blue flu hasn't swept through Chiraq. I highly doubt the city will be successful denying benefits to those that have earned them. How can you prove exactly what caused someone to retire? Lawyers will have a field day with this case.

Posts: 2973 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
So all they can do is make it so the retired cops can't carry after retirement. Petty little turds that run that city.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easily fixed. The local Sheriff or other Chiefs in the area swear them all in as special Deputies or Auxiliaries. Problem solved.
If anyone else in the area has the balls to do it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wonder how it feels for Superintendent Brown to have Lightfoot's arm up his ass? This edict came from that mentally deranged dwarf in the mayor's office, and me thinks she way overstepped this time. I seriously doubt any Chicago cop with a pension is going to lose a penny due to mayor Lightweight and her rampant delusions.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Easily fixed. The local Sheriff or other Chiefs in the area swear them all in as special Deputies or Auxiliaries. Problem solved.
If anyone else in the area has the balls to do it.

Not from the Chicago area, but I know personally of a case where just that was done. Good cop, tiny agency, went sideways with a new political chief. Retired but was denied LEOSA ID because the new chief had him "under investigation" when he went.

Everyone knew it was a hit job. Chief in a neighboring jurisdiction appointed him as a part-time officer under an "emergency appointment" provision in the town charter, where he served for a day at the desk. Never picked up his paycheck, but carries "Qualified Former LEO" ID from the agency.

Posts: 2473 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
What a clever way to make recruiting more difficult.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can’t even imagine the bozo would try such a thing.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that hes only "threatening" to do so because the mayor told him to, and he knows if he really committeed to it, hed be in deep shit trying to follow through as other before have mentioned (lawyers, unions, lawsuits, sick-outs), especially when the mandates are officially ruled unconstitutional.

Its like they are giving people a test to find out who they can push around (will comply with vaccine mandate) and who will not, so they can eliminate those with strength of character. Esp in the military.

quote:
Originally posted by BKile:
Can’t even imagine the bozo would try such a thing.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is turning into a "my dick is bigger than yours" pissing contest. Comply or you lose your job! You can't retire, you must comply!

If they choose to retire instead of getting the vaccine they are complying with the mandate which is vaccinate or you can't be a cop. They are choosing option B willingly. I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the union contract that permits withholding of retirement benefits because of the specific reason someone chooses to retire. The entire concept is non-sensical. Every cop in Chicago has a ton of reasons to retire based on the lack of support of "leadership", lack of prosecution of people they arrest, abuse by mobs, etc.

I would like to see one major city police department stage a complete sickout over this shit. One day of no cops at all. See if no police = "justice".

Posts: 4729 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
One day of no cops at all.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
No thanks. I have seen that. Read some of the stories in NOLA after the levees broke.The ones making these foolish decisions wont be harmed. The mayor already has extensive protection around her residence. The business owners will pay the price.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post