SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Deal is done. 2021 Highlander is home.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deal is done. 2021 Highlander is home. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know. I really do not need something else I need to figure out or pay for or have weird pop ups everywhere. Razz

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Imgur dude...It's Free! Wink

I use Imgur exclusively for hosting photos on two different forums. Here's a few general bullet points/suggestions on use for this purpose:

- Consider creating an 'Album' for specific categories to make finding images easier. I have one Album for SIGforum, and one for AudiZine. Down the road you may want to post that image again, so Albums make it easier the next time you want to find a specific image to post in a another thread at a later date.

- When you upload the image, you should set the 'Auto Resize' to an appropriate resolution for viewing on SIGforum. I use 1024x768, 800x600, or 640x480 depending on what would be best for that image, in that thread. One reason you need to consider different resolution(s) is based on the orientation of the image (landscape vs. portrait). The 'Auto Resize' resolutions are based on a landscape orientation, so adjust accordingly for portrait. While editing the image (to resize or crop it) 'can' be done on the Imgur site, it never seems to work for me. I find it easier to just upload it at a different resolution rather than attempting to resize it!

- You should also 'Add to Album' at the time you upload the image. While you can edit Albums to add (or remove) pictures, you have to look for that feature. As such, I find it easiest to do both of these things (Auto Resize and Add to Album) at upload.

- After the image is uploaded to Imgur, click on it and in the dialog box that comes up, click 'Copy' for the BBCode link. Then you just 'Paste' that in your post/reply to the thread and your done! The BBCode includes the link to the photo/image already wrapped in [img] tags, so there's nothing extra for you to do!

Honestly, it couldn't be simpler. As long as I already have the photo on my device, it take me less than 30 seconds to upload it to Imgur and have it posted on SIGforum...Easy Peasy! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8919 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post