SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "License and registration"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"License and registration" Login/Join 
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted
lock it up and throw away the key LOL

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Wonder what happens when the local 'teens' decide to spray paint over the sensors and strip it for parts?

Posts: 9383 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Wonder what happens when the local 'teens' decide to spray paint over the sensors and strip it for parts?
No need for paint, I understand that a traffic cone placed on the hood will immobilize a Waymo indefinitely.

Posts: 6740 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Not so sure these things should even be legal? Confused

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Get them off the road. They’re a hazard.

Who is accountable? Under who’s license is it operating? If it causes an accident who pays?

What’s the point of a car with no passengers?

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
How in the hell anyone thinks this is a good idea is beyond me.

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Waymo is responsible to pay any fines or damage from their vehicles.

As for purpose? They are a driverless taxi/uber.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Johnny Cab...

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what they should say when running someone off the road. "Hell of a day isnt it?"

Posts: 3101 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
pop that car for "flee and elude"

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"... police say they are able to sight weo but it's not something they see or do often, officers though are provided training to deal with robot operated cars..."

So, them robots gots more rights than us wetbots?

There's gonna be a war...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ok, now I know I wasn't the heat getting to me when I saw one of these driving around in Tempe a couple weeks ago and couldn't see a driver. Five days before this incident, as it turns out. Could've been the same car, I don't know how many they're operating around here.

Posts: 17573 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post