SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    GOAL MET/CLOSED Sigmonkey has gone to the dogs. GOAL MET/CLOSED (on behalf of Tara and Briggs Animal Adoption Center)
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
GOAL MET/CLOSED Sigmonkey has gone to the dogs. GOAL MET/CLOSED (on behalf of Tara and Briggs Animal Adoption Center) Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted
UPDATE AT BOTTOM.

I saw Tara's request for assistance in a FB contest to win "wiggle free" harnesses for dogs.
(and that it was some hassle for folks to find her link. I never could find it, so this was my remedy).

Tara has been a volunteer for a few years at BAAC
baacs.org .
She is the Photog/videographer so make sure you look at the pics and videos.

Most folks on the forum have a heart for critters (even monkeys), and this is small way to help big.

I contacted Harness Lead, the company that makes the leads in Chicago, and they extended special pricing.
harnesslead.com

Rather than make that pricing public, and to make this as simple as I can, I am setting the total for a specific number of leads and am asking for folks to make a small donation via Paypal to me.

Once that is reached, I will post that the time to donate is closed in this thread, then round up to the cost of the "next harness" and then make that payment to Harness Lead and have them send the Harnesses to Tara, and let folks know how many went to the dogs.

I will ask Para to lock the thread as soon as the number is met, or this weekend.

My PP email address is in my profile and please use the "Friends and Family" option so PP does not take 3%.

(I know some folks will not use PP, and I understand. If that is the case, please accept my "Thank You!" for having considered the gift Smile. )

And my appreciation to Para, Tara and all who Care-a!!!

sm

---------------------------------
UPDATE
---------------------------------
Goal has been reached! 24 harness will be purchased. Smile

Please do not make any further contributions to me.

If you wish, direct any more to Briggs Animal Adoption Center (BAACS.ORG).

It is much appreciated to all who donated or wanted to.

I understand the desire to not use PP, but I wanted a very simple process, and that was the best choice in this case.

I'll be making the payment to the Harness folks today, and get them sent directly to Tara.

Thanks,

sm

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmonkey,

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Sent some love

Posts: 5536 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Let me figure out pp this week and I’ll do something. Waiting on cataract surgery right now.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
so what does a small donation look like. I am a bit clueless. Sorry.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19706 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tara and Briggs Animal Adoption Center

I sent you a small donation.

I think the url you provided is supposed to be:
baacs.org

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
so what does a small donation look like. I am a bit clueless. Sorry.

Well, I think PP will accept .01, so that would be the smallest.

Nothing is "too small", as it all goes to the cause for the paws. Smile

I did not want to "give away" the pricing that was extended, so I asked Tara how many she needed and "set the limit", once that is received, I'll post an update and have the thread locked and stop accepting donations.

I will forward the names of all who donated, to Tara and to admin.

(@redstone. I fixed my typo on the BAACS link.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44458 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I had planned to offer up a harness in the other thread, but this is better so thank you for putting it together. PP inbound.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3574 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Can I just send you a check? I'd like to help, but I don't do PP.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Small donation sent.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Donation sent, good luck on this wonderful project of canine love!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Report This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
Donation sent in memory of our sweet English Mastiff (Rufus) who we lost last fall at almost 13 yrs old.

Posts: 613 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigmonkey,

Thanks for doing this. Sent you a little something to help out. My sister just lost her boy DJ over the weekend. He was a rescue Bullie, and a very good & sweet dog when he wanted to be. Big Grin

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1130 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Report This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Had some PP account issues this past week. I changed e mail providers and when I changed my address I ended up opening a 2nd account. Finally got it straight with the folks on the other end of the line in India.

Great way to give it a TEST.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sent a little something.
Good luck with the new leashes and training.
Thanks to everyone that's donating, and to Sigmonkey and Para for providing the way to help a good cause.

Posts: 9798 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Donation sent, glad to help. We lost our Lizzie three weeks ago, this is for her. Coincidentally my mother's maiden name was Briggs.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyjondeere:
Donation sent in memory of our sweet English Mastiff (Rufus) who we lost last fall at almost 13 yrs old.

Thank you, Jonathan.
Rufus was a handsome fellow.

And, Thank you to everyone else.
We are at 81%, so likely, this will be reached shortly. Smile

Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Just sent a little something. Thanks for doing this.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1495 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Can I just send you a check? I'd like to help, but I don't do PP.
Me too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is that Rufus in the photo that SigMonkey posted?

He looks just like Jesse V-Tail Mastiff, who we lost to cancer before he was five.

Jesse was a good natured boy who loved his family and went everywhere with us.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Is that Rufus in the photo that SigMonkey posted?

He looks just like Jesse V-Tail Mastiff, who we lost to cancer before he was five.

Jesse was a good natured boy who loved his family and went everywhere with us.

Yes, that is our beloved Rufus, Sigmonkey was kind enough to post for me. He was almost 240 lbs in his prime and lived past 12 years old.

Posts: 613 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Report This Post