SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Selling on eBay
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selling on eBay Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Signature at least demonstrates it was delivered and who signed for it. Cuts out the opportunity for someone to just say "not delivered" which will lead to you struggling with USPS for decades until they wear you down to giving up.

What it doesn't prevent is someone opening the box you ship with a phone in it, taking a picture of a rock in that box and claiming that is what you shipped, and winning a PayPal buyer claim. I've never had that happen, but that's how slanted towards buyers they are, as noted above.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12668 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Miscommunication led to an unwanted pair of shoes under the tree.

What shoes are they? Dress or sneakers? Brand? Model? Size?

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4321 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’ve thought about selling a few automatic watches on the fleabay but their somewhat delicate nature and the way eBay places heavy bias/favorability towards buyers at the detriment of sellers has kept me from risking it.

My brother had a VERY nice guitar amp get gutted, destroyed and successfully returned by its buyer when he attempted to sell it. PayPal raided his account and refunded the weasel. To this day if the topic of pay pal or eBay comes up around my brother there is an excellent chance he will go off about how they stole money from him and destroyed his guitar amp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post