SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    7’10” Lego Model of the USS Missouri.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7’10” Lego Model of the USS Missouri. Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted
How To Build A Massive LEGO Ship
August 30, 2018 by John Konrad

Lego makes ridiculously cool MAERSK Lego ship kits but if you really want to impress your friends you’ll need to purchase haze grey blocks in bulk and build your own. You’ll also need to find an instruction manual. Luckily LEGO master builder John Hagerman has your back with detailed instructions for building a half dozen ships including the Titanic, Britannic and USS Missouri.

Here is timelapse video of John building his own 7’10” Model of the USS Missouri. His model weighs over 30 pounds, floats in his pool and contains over 10,000 LEGO bricks! Bravo Zulu John for a job well done but… why did you have to sink her?!?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/NZ2c_AqUQGY

Link

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post

On a serious note, though, that is one cool Lego project. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool.

I wouldn't mind having the 10,000 bricks they used to make it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Amazing Life-size LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron that DRIVES!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The state fair had a 8 foot model of the Titanic. It was made from a Lego like system.
The model was driven up from Oregon and set up two days before the fair started. During the night, it fell over and hit the concrete floor. It didn’t shatter but enough pieces fell apart to make just putting it back impossible.
Learned later the team had to rush up from Oregon and work all night.
No, I never learned how the fall happened.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
During the night, it fell over and hit the concrete floor an iceberg.

Fixed it for ya! Razz

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid growing up in KCMO pre-1966 I remember going to a museum in an old mansion that had a huge scale model of the Missouri
that took up an entire room. Any one from that place and time remember where that was?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
During the night, it fell over and hit the concrete floor.

WOW! Talk about IRONY!!! Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post