SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have the Orbit B Hyve Wifi watering system?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have the Orbit B Hyve Wifi watering system? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Looking to upgrade my hose timers.
I have Orbit digital timers and they work. Though there is no rain sensor and my hose bibs are in really crappy locations in the bushes so adjusting or changing anything really does not happen throughout the summer.

These look pretty slick. Control everything on an app and it knows when it’s raining and adjusts accordingly.
Plus I can flip them on easily for a bit if something needs a little extra.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25452 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Installed the Obit at the Sis in Laws, the timer she had in the house she bought was darn near 30 years old.

Easy setup, cell phone app to run, works with NOAA weather stations vs a rain sensor that will never, ever work properly.

She hasn't complained or asked me to help run it, so that's a pretty good endorsement

I have the Rachio controller, it works the same, wifi based, NOAA connection, easy to set schedules, easy to run any zone for any time you like from the sofa.

Either work well, and it's nice to have the ability to turn on and off zones remotely.

Posts: 23594 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
I have had the BHyve a couple of years.
Works pretty well.
Sometimes the rain delay is off , and once or twice the manual watering didn't start. Reconnected and tried again then it worked.
Overall I'm pretty happy with it compared to previous times I've had

Posts: 833 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one but where I have to install it I don’t have a Wi-Fi signal so I’m working through that. I over analyzed my purchase in my typical fashion before pulling the trigger.

Posts: 191 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
I have one and it has been running now for a few years. I upgraded from the digital timer control to this unit mostly so that my wife did not have to mess with it while I was away. She can turn one zones from her phone using th eB-Hyve app. If I am away I can also log into it from my phone if need be to sort anything out. I have and no issues with it and especially like the automatic rain off feature. My 2 cents - it is good to go.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I have one. I liked it save one thing: The rain sensor didn't work in a user-friendly manner. It wouldn't tell you when the rain sensor was triggered or when it reset, and, worse, it would tell you it executed a watering cycle even when the rain sensor prohibited it.

I finally became so annoyed with them not fixing these acknowledged UI bugs I replaced it with a Rachio 3.

Mind you: I liked the B-hyve Orbit controller better than the Rachio 3 in most respects. But that wonky rain sensor behavior was a show-stopper for me.

I still have it--box, paperwork and all, and have been meaning to put it up for sale here on SF--just keep forgetting to do it, if you're interested.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post