SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NextDoor Comments re "Florida's New Gun Laws"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NextDoor Comments re "Florida's New Gun Laws" Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
The "NextDoor" app has a discussion thread re Constitutional Carry that will be effective as of July 1, 2023, here in Florida.

As expected, there are some Looney-Tunes "OMG the sky is falling and the streets will be awash in blood" comments, and there are some intelligent rebuttals that are like talking to a wall.

My favorite, to date, is the reply to one of the comments about "people carrying AR's without a permit" -- somebody said, "Move to California." Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30721 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23574 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've found NextDoor to be one of the most uninformed corners of the interweb. Between that and the biased moderating, the only thing I use it for is business/service recommendations, and then only as a starting point.

Posts: 996 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:

I've found NextDoor to be one of the most uninformed corners of the interweb
Yes, the level of stupid is amazing. There are the occasional witty rebuttals.

There is one local guy who posts regularly. He is a photographer, and his nature shots, mostly birds, are fantastic.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30721 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quit that app a long time ago. Nothing there but frustration and stupidity. It's a haven for Karens.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Many may remember 1987 when Florida passed a concealed carry law with a permit and the same people predicted mass slaughter.
That didn't happen and now almost all states have an actual permit process.
Florida was a bit behind the times on the permit-less process but now at least half the states have similar laws.

Posts: 9539 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
NY and NJ have strict gun laws to keep people save. Not far a drive up I95. I should start a business helping people move back to NY/NJ.

Posts: 13146 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The people causing any bloodshed don't care about any laws. They carry w/o regard to prohibition. Carrying isn't the problem.

What will these Karen's admit when there isn't all the bloodshed they are worried about? Will they admit their stupidity? How will they explain the error of their ways?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Antis predict mayhem every time carry restrictions are relaxed. It never happens.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I was kicked off the app after only about three posts because I called out an entitled, rich lib woman in our neighborhood who was blaming all kinds of things on white people and praising BLM. I called her the worst type of racist. I was probably only suspended, but I deleted the app afterwards and never went back.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30429 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
I've found NextDoor to be one of the most uninformed corners of the interweb. Between that and the biased moderating, the only thing I use it for is business/service recommendations, and then only as a starting point.

User driven content sites are a double-edged sword.
While NextDoor is good for getting insight into the general tone of a neighborhood/community, it doesn't take much to quickly devolve. Same can be said about any site that reviews a business, restaurants and such....the Karen's and those with an axe to grind will monopolize a page and overwhelming it with falsehoods, tilting the algorithm thus, you need to be the smarter bear in the forest of stupidity. Even a site like LinkedIn, supposedly a business/career-focused platform, you need to filter and use your best judgement.

Posts: 14688 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The NextDoor that is local to me is mainly about pushing COVID vaccines. Its not even worth reading.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Many may remember 1987 when Florida passed a concealed carry law with a permit and the same people predicted mass slaughter.
Florida was a bit behind the times on the permit-less process but now at least half the states have similar laws.

Yeah.....but in Indiana I had a license to carry in 1980. So they were also a bit behind the times in carrying with a permit.

Posts: 6632 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
only thing it's good for around me is lost pets - might get a service tip but full of loud mouth dumbasses

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Florida is a lightning rod for leftist idiots. Despite being the 26th state to enact constitutional carry, leftists act like Florida is the first and that it’s an entirely new concept. It’s the same with their restrictions on books allowed in public schools. Leftists act as though Florida is the first state to restrict certain books from being allowed in schools while ignoring the fact that multiple blue states have banned books from public school libraries as well.

Leftists are stupid. So they do stupid things.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yup, when Texas first passed concealed carry people were saying it was going to be like the Wild West with shootouts in the streets. Nope, didn’t happen. Then when open carry passed, same thing. Nope didn’t happen. Then when constitutional carry passed, same thing. Nope didn’t happen.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Same thing in WV; no blood up to the gutter tops. And crime has gone down… imagine that. And even though there’s no longer a mandatory CCW course to carry, the classes in these parts always seem to be full, which is encouraging.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15617 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Every social media platform is teeming with liberals just waiting for the opportunity to do the doom and gloom, everyone is going to die thing anytime an anti-gun measure is stopped or relaxed.

It's just propaganda

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37999 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Florida has actually had concealed carry at least as far back as 1965, it was county issued.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
My favorite, to date, is the reply to one of the comments about "people carrying AR's without a permit" -- somebody said, "Move to California." Big Grin

What's wrong with that? I absolutely want people who'd be upset by this to move to CA. Get them the hell out of the free states, where they can't pollute the voter rolls. Please, please move to CA. I'll kick in for the U-Haul.

Posts: 3549 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post