SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Trump Slams Biden's DOJ for Giving McCabe Pension Back: 'Another Mockery to Our Country'

https://www.westernjournal.com...her-mockery-country/

Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe has his pension back even after being fired for cause because he lied about leaks to the media — and it’s a political decision former President Donald Trump is calling “another mockery to our country.”

According to the Daily Caller, McCabe will get his pension back as part of a settlement with the Department of Justice announced last week.

“In addition to receiving his pension going forward, McCabe will also receive $200,000 in back pension pay and $539,000 in attorneys’ fees , as part of an agreement with the DOJ signed Thursday,” the Daily Caller reported.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
as part of an agreement with the DOJ

Yeah, just a couple of bad apples at the top.

During the Big Zero administration, they played this game a lot. A partisan NGO would sue some agency--e.g. sue the EPA to get them to declare that CO is a pollutant. The EPA settles the lawsuit, probably throws some millions at the NGO and its lawyers, and lo and behold, without any EO, without any legislation, CO is now a pollutant.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Technically, CO (carbon monoxide) IS a pollutant. I think you meant CO2 (carbon dioxide), which is an essential nutrient to all plant life. It should not be considered a pollutant. One way to reduce its level in the air is to plant more green plants outside.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
10/18/21

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Trump Slams Biden's DOJ for Giving McCabe Pension Back: 'Another Mockery to Our Country'

https://www.westernjournal.com...her-mockery-country/

Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe has his pension back even after being fired for cause because he lied about leaks to the media — and it’s a political decision former President Donald Trump is calling “another mockery to our country.”

According to the Daily Caller, McCabe will get his pension back as part of a settlement with the Department of Justice announced last week.

“In addition to receiving his pension going forward, McCabe will also receive $200,000 in back pension pay and $539,000 in attorneys’ fees , as part of an agreement with the DOJ signed Thursday,” the Daily Caller reported.

Another under/over the table payment to keep all their coffers full. Every day I hate these people more and more.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
BREAKING: Trump announces new TRUTH social network and media group to fight ‘tyranny of Big Tech’

After years of railing against big tech, former President Donald Trump has announced the creation of the Trump Media & Technology Group, along with his own social media platform, TRUTH Social.

After years of railing against big tech, former President Donald Trump has announced the creation of the Trump Media & Technology Group, along with his own social media platform, TRUTH Social.

On Wednesday, former president Donald Trump released a statement detailing the creation of his new media and technology group, which he says is meant to act as "a rival to the liberal media consortium" to "fight back against the 'Big Tech' companies of Silicon Valley, which have used their unilateral power to silence opposing voices in America."

Trump revealed that the TMTG has created a social network by the name of "TRUTH Social," which is available for pre-order in the Apple Store. The beta is expected to launch in November 2021.

"We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter," Trump wrote in the statement, "yet our favorite American President has been silenced." He added that "TMTG was founded with a mission to give a voice to all."

https://thepostmillennial.com/...es-creation-of-truth

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Follow the TRUTH....Sign me up! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8878 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

I did just that. I don't belong to any unsocial groups. None. But
I'm going to support this one. I just checked the Apple App Store.
It is available for pre order so I signed up. Thanks Balzé.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

I tried to pre-order, and received this error message:
quote:

Item Not Available

The item you’ve requested is not currently available in the U.S. store.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...january-6th-n2597813

AG Garland Debunks Democrat 'Insurrection' Claims About January 6th

Asked by Representative Louie Gohmert (R-TX) whether any of the individuals arrested in connection with the events of January 6th were charged with "insurrection," Garland answered "I don't believe so."

As Gohmert then points out, Democrats in Congress and throughout the federal government along with mainstream media figures at CNN, MSNBC, and across the internet continue to assert that what unfolded on January 6th was "an insurrection."

But if January 6th was an insurrection, certainly some of the individuals being prosecuted by the government for their alleged role in the events of January 6th would be charged with the crime of insurrection? If not, then the logical conclusion is that January 6th did not, in fact, rise to the level of an insurrection.

Posts: 19570 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
House Votes to Hold Steve Bannon in Contempt of Congress

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...1zw26CfoPVQLNw%3D%3D

The House of Representatives voted Thursday to hold former President Donald Trump adviser Steve Bannon in contempt of Congress after he declined to cooperate with a congressional investigation of the Jan. 6 “Stop the Steal” rally.

The partisan vote came after the Democrat-led Jan. 6 Committee voted to move the charge forward to be confirmed in the House. Members of the commission alleged that Bannon refusing a subpoena to provide documents and testimony to the panel constitutes contempt of Congress.

The contempt resolution argues that Bannon has no legal standing to defy the subpoena.

Trump’s attorney argued that Bannon shouldn’t comply because the requested information is protected by the former president’s executive privilege. Team Trump submitted a memo to Trump’s website announcing a “lawsuit to defend executive privilege.”

“The January 6th Committee is a partisan sham to distract Americans from the Democrats’ policies that are killing and robbing Americans,” the memo alleged.

The committee says it wants Bannon’s documents and testimony because he was in touch with Trump before the Jan. 6 incident, because he tried to get Trump to focus on the congressional certification of the election results, and because he said on Jan. 5 that “all hell is going to break loose” the next day.

Bannon “appears to have had multiple roles relevant to this investigation, including his role in constructing and participating in the ‘stop the steal’ public relations effort that motivated the attack” and “his efforts to plan political and other activity in advance of Jan. 6,” the committee alleged in the resolution.

With the House’s certification of the charge, it is now up to the Department of Justice (DOJ) to decide whether or not to pursue legal action.

President Joe Biden has encouraged the DOJ, led by his appointee Merrick Garland, to prosecute those found to have violated the Jan. 6 commission’s subpoenas.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki later sought to clarify Biden’s remarks, writing on Twitter that he “supports the work of the committee and the independent role of the Department of Justice to make any decisions about prosecutions.”

The post drew pushback from Rep. Greg Steube (R-Fla.), who responded by wondering if the DOJ would be charging Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, who’s under investigation for alleged tax fraud.

“How about the millions of illegals crossing our southern border? There is nothing independent about this DOJ. They serve the far left and only care about investigating conservatives,” Steube said.

The DOJ has promised that it will react to the case on its merits, and will not be swayed by partisanship.

“The Department of Justice will make its own independent decisions in all prosecutions based solely on the facts and the law. Period. Full stop,” a DOJ spokesperson told news outlets in an Oct. 15 statement.

Garland promised much the same. “The department recognizes the important oversight role Congress plays in respect to the executive branch. I’ll say what a DOJ spokesperson said yesterday: The House votes for a referral of a contempt charge, the DOJ will do what it always does—apply the facts and the law and make a decision.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) argued that the subpoena issued by the committee is “invalid” because neither party knows whether Bannon is protected under executive privilege.

“They’re issuing an invalid subpoena,” McCarthy said. “Issuing an invalid subpoena weakens our power. He has the right to go to the court to see if he has executive privilege or not. I don’t know if he does or not, but neither does the committee. So they’re weakening the power of Congress itself by issuing an invalid subpoena.”

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) applauded the committee at a Thursday press conference. She alleged that “The January 6 domestic terrorist attack was intended to interfere with the constitutional transfer of power.”

House Democratic Caucus Co-chairman Pete Aguillar (D-Calif.) said of the vote. “Let me be clear that this is not done to be punitive, this is done to uphold the law.”

Trump has also commented on the ongoing proceedings on his website.

Trump said in a statement on the situation: “This is just a continuation of the Witch Hunt which started with the now fully debunked and discredited Russia, Russia, Russia Scam, quickly reverting to a perfect phone call with Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, Impeachment Hoax #1, Impeachment Hoax #2, and now this. The Unselect Committee is composed of absolute political hacks who want to destroy the Republican Party and are decimating America itself.”

“I am the only thing in their way,” Trump concluded, promising continued intervention on Bannon’s behalf.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

This is Jim Jordan speaking in the hearing for Garland. It could be in several threads, but it covers a lot of issues and may best be here.

"Americans fear their government"

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

adding

when Garland was asked about Zuckerberg giving $400 million to influence the 2020 election, Garland said "I'm not aware of what you're talking about."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Great statement!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
House Votes to Hold Steve Bannon in Contempt of Congress

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...1zw26CfoPVQLNw%3D%3D

The House of Representatives voted Thursday to hold former President Donald Trump adviser Steve Bannon in contempt of Congress after he declined to cooperate with a congressional investigation of the Jan. 6 “Stop the Steal” rally...

Gee, I don't remember this amount of rage when Lois Lerner from the IRS took the 5th over and over.

Why doesn't Bannon agree to appear and do the same thing?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Thomas Sowell:

"The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive."

posted Hide Post
‘Really Not At Liberty To Discuss’: AG Garland Plays Dumb When Pressed On Whether Feds Were Involved In 1/6

https://nationalfile.com/reall...ere-involved-in-1-6/

The Attorney General's voice quavered in reaction to questions by Congressmen over federal involvement in 1/6

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) showed Attorney General Merrick Garland videos taken on January 5 and 6 showing a man, who many believe to be undercover federal law enforcement, urging those in Washington, D.C. to attend various protests to physically enter the Capitol building, persisting in his call even amid boos. Garland, with his voice shaking at times, refused to comment.

Don't know how to embedd the video but Garland was acting as nervous as a whore at church.

Video at link

Earlier, National File reported on the instance where Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) questioned Garland on the infamous video revealed by Bobby Powell showing two likely FBI informants who were filmed breaking windows, attacking the building, and even pushing people inside the US Capitol, who have not been charged with any crimes since

https://nationalfile.com/ag-ga...domestic-terrorists/

Video from this story

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that Bannon is giving them the middle finger

Congress can hold anyone they want in contempt

what they should realize is that we hold them ALL in contempt, and there are far more of us than there are of them

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Already posted in “The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States”
But the FBI needs to answer some questions, and we all have the right/need to know their involvement in the events of Jan. 6th.

Meet Ray Epps: The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol

After months of research, Revolver’s investigative reporting team can now reveal that Ray Epps appears to be among the primary orchestrators of the very first breach of the Capitol’s police barricades at 12:50pm on January 6.
Epps appears to have led the “breach team” that committed the very first illegal acts on that fateful day. What’s more, Epps and his “breach team” did all their dirty work with 10 minutes still remaining in President Trump’s National Mall speech, and with the vast majority of Trump supporters still 30 minutes away from the Capitol.

Secondly, Revolver also determined, and will prove below, that the the FBI stealthily removed Ray Epps from its Capitol Violence Most Wanted List on July 1, just one day after Revolver exposed the inexplicable and puzzlesome FBI protection of known Epps associate and Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes.
July 1 was also just one day after separate New York Times report amplified a glaring, falsifiable lie about Epps’s role in the events of January 6.

Lastly, Ray Epps appears to have worked alongside several individuals — many of them suspiciously unindicted — to carry out a breach of the police barricades that induced a subsequent flood of unsuspecting MAGA protesters to unwittingly trespass on Capitol restricted grounds and place themselves in legal jeopardy.

Link

The night before the “insurrection,” Epps appeared to be encouraging Trump supporters gathered near BLM Square in Washington DC to join him, as he announced that he planned to go “inside the Capitol.”

Epps told an unidentified male (fed agent?) “In fact, tomorrow—I’m not even gonna say it because I might be arrested, but tomorrow—We need to go INTO the Capitol!”

Trump supporters who could smell a rat shout, “Fed…Fed…Fed!”

Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
10/25/21

No description provided

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Fulton County Georgia Ordered More Than One Million Absentee Ballots from Printer Days Before the 2020 Election Knowing There Was No Time to Mail Them Out – Why?

With just 10 days until the November 3rd election, there was literally no way to sort, prepare, fold, stuff and mail out the ballots before the election.
Especially considering there were no envelopes ordered.
This fact alone removes any possibility that they intended to mail the ballots.

Link

Georgia Ballots Were Addressed to Elections Consultant Dwight Brower – The Same Guy Who Reported the Fake Water Main Break and Then Terminated Election Whistleblower

Link

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post