SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just read an article about a sneaky ploy to get around the 22nd Amendment and put Obama back in as President. I reread the text of the Amendment and there is a chance the ploy might could work (gag, retch). Says the Amendment only prohibits a person from being ELECTED for more than 8 years, but doesn't say anything about SERVING more. It's imbedded in this article: https://www.wnd.com/2022/04/bi...bcfdd137231987e4522a.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
But, Trump will be re-instated once they finish the vote count fraud and all the enemies of the state are mass arrested and taken to GITMO for the tribunals.

You have to trust the plan.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43809 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I just read an article about a sneaky ploy to get around the 22nd Amendment and put Obama back in as President. I reread the text of the Amendment and there is a chance the ploy might could work (gag, retch). Says the Amendment only prohibits a person from being ELECTED for more than 8 years, but doesn't say anything about SERVING more. It's imbedded in this article: https://www.wnd.com/2022/04/bi...bcfdd137231987e4522a.

flashguy

This is about as likely to happen as the plan to put Trump in the House as Speaker. Garbage that both sides put out to stimulate their respective bases.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

flashguy

This is about as likely to happen as the plan to put Trump in the House as Speaker. Garbage that both sides put out to stimulate their respective bases.
I didn't say it was probable, just that it's being thought about. Both scenarios (Obama and Trump) are wild ideas, but appear to be legal.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Justice Roberts would probably say its OK

like he parsed the language and changed the definitions for Obamacare

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Julia
@Jules31415
·

Here’s why judicial impartiality matters.

US District Judge Reggie Walton—who oversaw a J6 case—after verdict: “Trump is a charlatan who caused an insurgency. He is tearing America apart. That’s the reason why our country is falling apart. I am proud of the jury for doing this.”

biased activist judges have done some serious damage to our country

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Two years into a presidency with an idiot that SHOULD be giving them plenty of fresh material every week and these assholes are STILL obsessing over Trump? Roll Eyes

I told America Covid would be over by Easter, I just didn't say which one': Trump riffs about end of pandemic in star-studded SNL holiday message

As the late great Rush Limbaugh famously said: the Left will always tell you who they fear the most.

Posts: 33600 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Says the Amendment only prohibits a person from being ELECTED for more than 8 years, but doesn't say anything about SERVING more. It's imbedded in this article: https://www.wnd.com/2022/04/bi...bcfdd137231987e4522a.

flashguy

This needs to be read with the historical context. When FDR died, Truman became President. The amendment was written so that Truman could be elected to two terms. He then had the same chance as every other Vice-President had been able to do. Be elected twice. Truman was the last President with the chance to serve more then 8 years.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:
Says the Amendment only prohibits a person from being ELECTED for more than 8 years, but doesn't say anything about SERVING more. It's imbedded in this article: https://www.wnd.com/2022/04/bi...bcfdd137231987e4522a.

flashguy

This needs to be read with the historical context. When FDR died, Truman became President. The amendment was written so that Truman could be elected to two terms. He then had the same chance as every other Vice-President had been able to do. Be elected twice. Truman was the last President with the chance to serve more then 8 years.
I think any VP who ascends to the post of President by death, resignation, or removal of the President and serves less than 2 years of a remaining term would also be permitted to be elected twice--it is, after all, the same scenario as faced Truman.

flashguy

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Justice Clarence Thomas is back at the Supreme Court after a recent, week-long stay in the hospital.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That sucks for the America-hating leftists.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
4/18/22

Description

In the third hour of the morning show, Larry O'Connor and Julie Gunlock talked to legal analyst Joe diGenova and local broadcast personality Carol Maloney remembers Wendy Rieger. They also discussed the White House's Easter Egg Roll and actor Tim Curry.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
You may have seen an explosive clip from Piers Morgan where he claimed Donald Trump stormed angerly from an interview w Morgan.

Listen to the actual end of the interview at:

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...iew-ending-in-promo/

Audio provided by former President Donald Trump’s team to Breitbart News of the end of Trump’s interview with Piers Morgan proves that Morgan and his team deceptively edited the interview to make it appear as though it was a contentious ending when it was not.

A 30-second promotional clip that Morgan released on Wednesday afternoon seemed to show Trump flying off the handle and walking out mid-interview as a righteous Morgan asked him tough questions about his views on the 2020 election. But the full story seems to indicate that Morgan’s team deceptively edited the clips together to make it as nasty as possible for Trump—and to drive up the ratings for Morgan’s new show. Morgan’s new show, Piers Morgan Uncensored, launches next week on Talk TV, a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation.

The 30-second clip that Morgan’s team released splashed across tabloids and media outlets, taking the lead spot across the Drudge Report with multiple links accusing Trump of having a “meltdown.” In it, Morgan splices several clips together that make it seem like as on-screen graphics and a deep male voice over says that Trump is a “former president in denial” over the 2020 election. The promo, which calls it “the most explosive interview of the year,” pulls a few short clips of Trump calling Morgan “a fool” and saying “this is very dishonest” and “let’s finish up the interview,” before showing Trump standing up and walking away and saying “turn the camera off.”

But that’s not what happened—not even close. Trump spent more than an hour with Morgan, and the way the promo clip cuts together what it calls “Morgan Versus Trump” moments to promote the interview which will air on this coming Monday night is particularly deceptive. Most of those moments had nothing to do with the election issue at all, and the full audio of the last bit of the interview shows that Trump standing up and walking away and saying “turn the camera off” came after Morgan ended the interview and thanked Trump for a “great interview.”

The audio file obtained by Breitbart News, which is about seven and a half minutes long, begins with Trump spokesman Taylor Budowich interjecting into the middle of the interview to tell Morgan to wrap it up. “We’re an hour in,” Budowich says. “We need to wrap.”

Morgan responds by begging for more time with Trump. “Just a few quick questions and then—” Morgan says. “Thank you,” Budowich responds.

Morgan next asks Trump to define the meaning of a woman, to which Trump responds by bashing Lia Thomas—the biological male transgender athlete who has been competing in women’s swimming events—then Morgan just keeps rolling asking more and more questions.

The next one he asks is about Trump putting his family through the pressures of him being president again should he decide to run again—and whether his family members would want him back in the White House.

Trump answered by saying his family loves the country and then touting several of his accomplishments in office. When Trump turned to Operation Warp Speed, which pushed the coronavirus vaccine through quickly, Morgan asked yet another question—this one about Trump having said he is fully vaccinated and encouraged Americans to take the jab. “We saved tens of millions of lives,” Trump said. “Maybe this would have been the Spanish Flu of 1917 had we not we come up [with the vaccine]. I got it done in nine months as opposed to—they were projecting five to 12 years. I got it done in nine months. I’m very proud of that.”

“You’re against mandates,” Morgan followed up again, asking yet another question.

“I’m strongly against mandates but I’m very proud of what we did,” Trump replied. “I saved, worldwide, tens of millions of lives.”
After that, Budowich interjects again—now nearly two minutes after he told Morgan to wrap it up—to say: “One last question.”

Morgan asks Trump if he accepts the criticism that some have leveled against him that he did not take coronavirus seriously enough early on in the pandemic.

“I’m a cheerleader for this country,” Trump replies. “I want to be positive for this country.”

The audio breaks up for a few seconds as whatever recording device that was recording it seems to have been moved, but then it comes back in at about 2:10 into the file and Morgan says: “Final question, Mr. President, it’d be good to catch up after this lengthy time—it’s been a tumultuous time for the world and the country. There is a chance you’re going to be running. Quite clearly, you’ve made that clear in this interview.”
“I don’t think I’ve made it clear,” Trump interjects.

“You have said they’ll be happy?” Morgan asks.

“I said I think people are going to be very happy,” Trump said.

Morgan does not stop there and keeps pressing yet again. “For those who don’t like you—there are people out there who don’t like you, I know you’ve said recently you were very popular and the most honest man in the world—“ Morgan says.

“I’m a very honest man,” Trump replies.

“Is that true?” Morgan asks again.

“Yeah, I think I’m a very honest man,” Trump says. “Much more honest than you actually.”

“Really?” Morgan replies.

“Yeah, because I don’t think you’re real,” Trump says. “Yeah, I think I’m a much more honest person in most ways than—“

“Why am I not real?” Morgan asks.

“We’re not going to get into that,” Trump says. “Let’s finish up the interview. Go ahead.”

“My question was this,” Morgan asks next. “What message do you have for people who can’t think of anything worse than you running again and would be distressed again? Would you come back with all the experience you had of being president, would you come back a different person? Would you do things a bit differently?”

Trump replies by saying: “So, I like this question in a certain way. I came in and I was attacked from day one, unfairly. Russia, Russia, Russia. It was all a hoax. The impeachment hoax, number one, number two. It was all a big hoax. The Mueller report? I had to fight back, and I had to fight back strongly. If I didn’t fight back strongly, I wouldn’t have survived. I say it, and I say it louder. I had two jobs to do: Run the country really well, and the second was to survive. No other president went through this fake stuff where fake stuff was made up like Russia, Russia. I’m the one that ended the pipeline. I’m the one that put all those sanctions on there. I’m the one that saved NATO. NATO was dead. They had no money, they were broke—and I got the money to pour in from countries that would have never given it. If I wasn’t the way I am, you know what would have happened? I wouldn’t be there for two weeks. Two weeks. Now, would I like to be a little bit different? Yes. But if I didn’t act the way I acted, it would not have been the great success it was.”

Morgan then starts asking another question, this time about his time together with Trump when they co-starred on The Apprentice, and another Trump aide can be heard in the background saying as Morgan begins it: “Last question.” Morgan replies to that person by saying: “Yeah, yeah.”

After another minute of back and forth between Trump and Morgan, Morgan asks Trump’s team for yet another “last question.”

Budowich replies by saying: “You’ve done last question four times now. I feel like you’re lying at this point.”

Trump interjects and says “very deceptive.”

“You’ve said last question four times,” Budowich says.

“I haven’t asked about—I wanted to end with your hole-in-one,” Morgan says, then asks Trump to describe his recent hole-in-one when playing alongside golf legend Ernie Els.

Trump agrees and says “go ahead.” Then Morgan asks his question, and Trump answers for more than a minute. After that’s over, Morgan agrees the interview is over and thanks Trump for a “great interview.”

As they’re unhooking their microphones and Trump is getting up to leave, Trump can be heard saying “turn the camera off,” and then a Trump staffer asks to “turn the mics off too,” and Trump says “very dishonest” as the audio file ends.

After the publication of this story, Trump blasted Morgan in a press statement that also linked to the audio published here by Breitbart News.

“Piers Morgan, like the rest of the Fake News Media, attempted to unlawfully and deceptively edit his long and tedious interview with me,” Trump said. “He wanted to make it look like I walked out on the interview when my time limit of 20 minutes went over by an hour. The good news is that the interview was taped by us as a means of keeping him honest. The interview was actually very strong on the 2020 Election Fraud, with me calling him ‘a fool’ if he truly believed those results.”

Trump added that the 2020 evidence was “massive and irrefutable,” and pointed to the forthcoming documentary from Dinesh D’Souza based off surveillance footage that True The Vote’s Catherine Engelbrecht obtained on drop boxes in Georgia and other states.

“For those who want to make Piers look bad, compare his video promo and how it was doctored to the real thing,” Trump said. “Hopefully they will now be doing some big changes to their final product. It just shows, however, what I have to deal with in the Fake News Media. He went out of his way to deceptively edit an interview and got caught. That is a big story, isn’t it?”

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Seems Trump is wise to record things, as he's often in a position where he's misquoted, facts are misrepresented and accusations are outright fabricated w/ nefarious intent. Good on him and his people to realize this and being prepared w/ contingencies for a counter offensive as necessary.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ntary-at-ohio-rally/

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday evening played the trailer of the forthcoming explosive documentary “2000 Mules” which reveals a wide scale ballot trafficking network of ballot harvesters across several swing states. Trump played the trailer at the rally where he is campaigning with J.D. Vance, the candidate he endorsed for U.S. Senate in this year’s Ohio GOP Senate primary.

The documentary, the product of a years-long investigation by election integrity group True The Vote and produced by conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, has been long-awaited and is chock full of surveillance footage showing specific instances of people taking multiple ballots to drop boxes and making trips to several boxes around their states. The investigation has been anticipated since Breitbart News first revealed it last summer, and Trump has been hyping it for some time now in statements and commentary.

video at link

The trailer opens with a panel of Salem Radio Network hosts split on what happened in the 2020 election. Salem Media Group worked with D’Souza and True The Vote on the film, and the panel—which includes Turning Point USA’s Charlie Kirk and radio hosts Dennis Prager, Larry Elder, Eric Metaxas, and Dr. Sebastian Gorka—opens with them discussing how they, before viewing this evidence, were not sure what exactly happened in the 2020 election and were awaiting more evidence.

On-screen graphics tell viewers that True The Vote used cell phone GPS geo tracking data across the battleground states.

“We identified in Atlanta 242 mules that went to an average of 24 drop boxes,” Phillips says. “In Philadelphia alone, we’ve identified more than 1,100 mules.”

When D’Souza asked Engelbrecht to define a “mule,” she replies by saying they are a “person picking up ballots and running them to the drop boxes.”

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Me, having a back-and-forth with a leftist Nancy-boy on another forum. (Can't really call it a "debate.")

Him: Republicans are supporting a man that cheated on his wife and abuses women.

Me: He cheated on Melania? Can you provide cites? He abused women? Likewise: Cites, please?

Him: Has your head been buried in the sand?

Me: Awaiting that proof.

Him: You should start watching <list of DNM sources>

Me: So I can be as ill-informed as you?

Him: Trump used to be a Democrat.

Me: So? So did Reagan Still waiting for those cites.

Him: <crickets>

And that's how discussion about Trump goes with leftists and other TDS sufferers

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
4/25/22

Description

Joe diGenova, legal analyst and former U.S Attorney to the District of Columbia, joined WMAL's "O'Connor and Company" radio program on Monday about the latest legal news of the day.

NY POST: Joe Biden met with Hunter Biden business partner at the White House
BIDEN ADMIN HIDING HIS DELAWARE VISITORS... STEVEN NELSON: Secret Service claims it has ‘no records’ of who visits Biden in Delaware
Supreme Court revisits prayer in school in football coach case
POLITICO: DeSantis revokes Disney's special status after ‘Don’t Say Gay’ opposition

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Him: Republicans are supporting a man that cheated on his wife and abuses women.

Other Person listening in: Do you mean supporting like the D did with Bill Clinton, supported a sitting president that a) cheated on his spouse multiple times b) abused his position in power to coerce a subordinate young woman into having sex in the oval office with him, several times c) lied about it and thus abused her in public, and many other women with whom he continually cheated with.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I paid $4.99 to watch "Rigged"

It is very good. A detailed description of how Zuckerburg and his wife spent $400 million to help the DEMs defeat Donald Trump.

Some of this has been posted in threads here on SIGforum, but this is a well done summary

Donald Trump:

"I love Gone with the Wind, I loved Titanic, but Rigged is now my favorite movie!"

it is 40 minutes long

"Rigged The Zuckerberg Funded Plot to Defeat Donald Trump"

Link:

https://citizensunitedmovies.c...tm_content=article16

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
How long before the DHS Ministry of Truth, orders Rigged removed for misinformation?

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post