SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Anyone had luck with the Truth Social app? I downloaded it and entered my email but no verification email has arrived. I checked spam folder also.

ETA: got the email on my gmail account but not my protonmail account. Still get an error trying to verify. Probably just overloaded.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, it's still in its beta phase. Not sure it's open to everyone yet.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well, it's still in its beta phase. Not sure it's open to everyone yet.

It's a public release now. Ver 1.0.1. I got a notification on my phone this morning and an email that says..........

The item you pre-ordered, Truth Social by T Media Tech LLC, is now available.

I haven't been able to log in yet.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have Patience, imagine they are pounded with people looking for the Truth

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yup. Growing pains.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't believe "Yahoo News" if they reported that the sun will rise tomorrow morning.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I got my verification to work. Got put on a waitlist. I’m number 308,755.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
President DJT 45 is on the Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show this morning. Interesting observations as always.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got the email verification, waiting on a response, it tells me my password is wrong, but it's not, have no clue what number yet...

https://truthsocial.statuspage.io/

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
2/21/22

Description

In the third hour of the morning show, guest host Vince Coglianese and Julie Gunlock talked to legal analyst Joe diGenova and Hillsdale's Matthew Spalding. They also discussed the Democratic party struggling to find a 2024 candidate and the latest CNN drama.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It was nothing but a fishing exhibition from the very start.

Prosecutors in charge of Trump criminal probe have resigned

NEW YORK (AP) — The two prosecutors in charge of the Manhattan district attorney’s criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump and his business dealings suddenly resigned Wednesday, throwing the future of the probe into question.

A spokesperson for District Attorney Alvin Bragg confirmed the resignations of Carey Dunne and former mafia prosecutor Mark Pomerantz. Both started on the probe under former District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. and were asked to stay when Bragg took office in January.

Dunne, the office’s former general counsel, argued before the U.S. Supreme Court in a successful fight for Trump’s tax records. Pomerantz was brought out of private practice by Vance last year to add his expertise in white collar investigations to the probe.

“We are grateful for their service,” said Bragg’s spokesperson, Danielle Filson. She declined to comment further, saying the investigation is ongoing.

The New York Times, citing sources, reported that Dunne and Pomerantz quit after Bragg raised doubts about pursuing a case against Trump.

Messages seeking comment were left for Dunne and Pomerantz.

The D.A.’s office investigation led to tax fraud charges last July against Trump’s company, the Trump Organization, and its longtime finance chief, Allen Weisselberg.

Weisselberg was accused of collecting more than $1.7 million in off-the-books compensation, including apartment rent, car payments and school tuition. He and the company have pleaded not guilty.

On Tuesday, lawyers for Weisselberg and the Trump Organization filed court papers seeking to throw out the case. Weisselberg’s lawyers argued the D.A.’s office was targeting him as punishment because he wouldn’t flip on the former president.

Just last month, Bragg said he was proud of the continuity that Dunne and Pomerantz had brought in running the high-profile investigation through the transition from Vance’s administration to his leadership.

“I do think the one continuity is the staffing and (Vance) brought on incredible lawyers to do it,” Bragg said in a Jan. 20 question-and-answer session with reporters.

“And they’ve been dedicated and we’ve been working and keeping them in place and thinking about the kind of resources to continue the investigation in order to then be in a position to make” decisions on the direction of the probe, Bragg said.

Bragg, limited by ethics rules from discussing the case in detail, said at the time that he was getting up to speed on the Trump investigation and that he would “follow the facts.” He didn’t offer a timeline for a charging decision.

“It’s a matter that’s personally, as you would imagine, on my radar screen and that I’m mindful of and paying attention to,” Bragg said.

https://apnews.com/article/new...9536663a6abd73abbf80

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Video of Trump from 2018 Spreads Like Wildfire, Proof He Wanted to Hurt Russia - NATO Did Nothing

During a joint news conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki on July 16, 2018, then-President Donald Trump was asked whether he believed the assessment of U.S. intelligence agencies that the Russians had meddled in the 2016 U.S. presidential election to help him win.

“I don’t see any reason why it would be. President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,” Trump replied, according to Reuters.

The backlash was quick and severe. The media reported that Trump had thrown U.S. intelligence agencies under the bus. He was Putin’s puppet. He was weak.

The president was attacked mercilessly even by members of the Republican Party.

Well, video from a NATO summit a few days earlier in Brussels shows, in spite of the massive condemnation that came his way following the news conference, it wasn’t Trump who was soft on Russia.

Rather, it was NATO’s European leaders.

In the clip, Trump addressed NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg during a breakfast meeting on July 11, 2018. Although both had several aides present, the conversation took place between Trump and Stoltenberg.

Without notes or a teleprompter, Trump forcefully and articulately called out European Union leaders for allowing their countries to become so utterly dependent upon Russian energy. The worst offender, he said, was Germany.

Moreover, the president plainly stated that none of the European nations was contributing its fair share to NATO.

Trump pointed out the hypocrisy that the European countries who look to the United States for protection from Putin are the same ones who enrich him by importing Russian energy.

Had anyone actually listened and acted upon Trump’s warning, EU countries wouldn’t be so reliant on Russian energy today.

Trump began, “Well, I have to say, I think it’s very sad when Germany makes a massive oil and gas deal with Russia where you’re supposed to be guarding against Russia and Germany goes out and pays billions and billions of dollars a year to Russia.

“So, we’re protecting Germany, we’re protecting France, we’re protecting all of these countries, and then numerous of the countries go out and make a pipeline deal with Russia.”

“And the former chancellor of Germany is the head of the pipeline company that’s supplying the gas,” he said. “Ultimately, Germany will have almost 70 percent of their country controlled by Russia with natural gas.

“So, you tell me, is that appropriate? I mean, I’ve been complaining about this since the time I got in. It should never have been allowed to happen. But Germany is totally controlled by Russia.”

Trump went on to say, “On top of that, Germany is just paying a little bit over 1 percent, whereas the United States in actual numbers is paying 4.2 percent of a much larger GDP. So, I think that’s inappropriate also. …

“Now this has been going on for decades. This has been brought up by other presidents. But other presidents never did anything about it. … I think it’s very unfair to our country, it’s very unfair to our taxpayers. And I think that these countries have to step it up. Not over a 10-year period — they have to step it up immediately. Germany is a rich country.”

“We’re not going to put up with it,” he said. “We can’t put up with it. And it’s inappropriate.”

“Germany, as far as I’m concerned, is captive to Russia, because it’s getting so much of its energy from Russia. … Explain that, and it can’t be explained. You know that,” Trump said.

He was widely criticized for his directness at the time. Would his critics have preferred that the president mind his manners and lie?

When Trump demanded Germany stop funding Russia and start paying dues to NATO, the press spun this was “weakening the NATO alliance.”

Trump’s message was blunt, powerful and truthful. He acted as a leader should.

He understood that reliance on other nations for energy, the lifeblood of every modern economy, can leave the dependent nation vulnerable, especially during periods of political upheaval.

He saw that Germany was putting itself into a very precarious situation with Russia. Considering the fact that the U.S. would be called upon in the event of a conflict between Germany and Russia, he spoke up — which is what Americans should want their president to do.

Had they listened, the loss of revenue from Germany would have hurt Russia’s economy. Why would Trump have recommended — forcefully — that Germany look for a different source of energy if he were in Putin’s pocket, as so many on the left claim?

Trump worked to make the U.S. energy independent. His successor squandered that status in the name of climate change.

If Biden really wanted to hurt Russia, he would max out U.S. energy production. He would reissue the license for the Keystone XL Pipeline and reduce government regulations, which would boost domestic oil and gas production. He could then sell energy to the EU to wean those countries off Russian energy.

These moves would boost U.S. national security and add to our gross domestic product.

They also would strengthen the national security of our NATO allies and hurt the Russian economy at the same time.

But just last week, Biden deferred approval for “new oil and gas drilling on federal land and other energy-related actions after a federal court blocked the way officials were calculating the real-world costs of climate change,” according to The Associated Press.

The geniuses who are running NATO don’t quite know what to do because Europe is so dependent on Russian oil, most notably Germany. How did the “best and the brightest” so greatly underestimate Putin?

More than a decade ago, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin famously said, “We do not have a scarcity of resources in America. We have a scarcity of common sense in Washington, D.C.”

The slogan “Drill, baby, drill” from her 2008 vice presidential debate with Joe Biden applies even more today than it did then.

Putin did not invade Ukraine under Trump. The reason is no mystery. The Russian president both feared and respected his U.S. counterpart.

Would Putin have tried this if Trump were president? He didn’t. And I think that tells us all we need to know.

https://www.westernjournal.com...m_content=2022-02-25

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
While we were all distracted...

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/U...rison/7941645821543/

quote:
Jan. 6 rioter who posed with Nancy Pelosi's lectern sentenced to 75 days

Feb. 25 (UPI) -- The rioter pictured with Speaker Nancy Pelosi's podium during the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol was sentenced to 75 days in prison Friday.

Adam Johnson will get some credit for time already served and a $5,000 fine.

"We're on a dangerous slide in America." U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton said during Johnson's sentencing while calling the insurrection something you'd expect to "see in banana republics."

In the government sentencing memo filed with the court, federal prosecutors had asked for a 90-day prison sentence.

Addressing the court Friday, Johnson said he had been cooperative with the government since being arrested. He said he was apologetic and ashamed to have been part of the riot.

In court documents, Johnson's lawyers said "he deeply regrets his participation in the breach of the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021," and that the "damage and violence inflicted on that date by others is contrary to everything he believes in."

Johnson pleaded guilty to a criminal count of entering and remained in a restricted building or grounds.

In the sentencing memo, prosecutors said Johnson traveled to Washington, D.C., from Florida and participated in "a violent attack that forced an interruption of the certification of the 2020 Electoral College vote count, threatened the peaceful transfer of power after the 2020 presidential election, injured more than one hundred law enforcement officer, and resulted in more than $1 million in property damage."

So one of the rioters of "the most dangerous violent attack on American Democracy" pretty much only got time served.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Thought for today.

Reminiscing:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: D_Steve,

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Peace in the middle east too.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The sentencing Judge was mistaken. A stolen Presidential election is what one would expect to see in a banana republic. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A couple of Trump highlights from CPAC.

Big Grin

Someone had to say it: "It's a lot of bullshit."

We will do it again...

President Trump on the Truckers in Canada...

Zuckerberg used to kiss my ass...

And the full speech...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
2/28/22

Description

In the third hour of the morning show, Larry O'Connor and Julie Gunlock talked to Joe diGenova and discussed CPAC highlights and Biden's dropping approval numbers.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
3/7/22

Description

In the third hour of the morning show, Larry O'Connor and Julie Gunlock talked to legal analyst Joe diGenova about a special anniversary and former Trump Education Department official Nick Bell discussed how some Republicans in Richmond are undermining Governor Youngkin's agenda. Plus, they chatted about some wild Elon Musk tweets and some interesting things happening in the parent movement.

--Sir Winston Churchill

--James Earl Jones

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got a verification email from Truth Social, well got about 10 of them, in a row, app allowed me to verify my SMS which is done, will see how long before access is opened, finally the Truth will be revealed! Razz