SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 ... 976
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Multiple people in this thread have swore that they’ll never vote again.

Yes they have. And understand and felt the same way but understand the folly in making it easier for dems. I agree with previous posts that beginning at the local and state level primaries as our best opportunities to be heard and begin again. Choose your conservatives wisely.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2050 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, in most elections you get to pick the candidate who is least objectionable to you. You usually don't get to pick the perfect candidate. If you want the perfect candidate you must run yourself. If a wishy washy Republican is running against Dick Durbin or Nancy Pelosi and only supports you in 20% of his/her vote, that is an improvement over the two named people. Don't vote for the Republican? Then you get Nancy and Dick.

Posts: 1503 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I will vote at each and every election. 75 million strong. I do not give a fuck who controls what.

Not to pile on or to brownnose, but: having met you, sometimes I read your posts and hear them in your voice. This was a really good one. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13602 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Multiple people in this thread have swore that they’ll never vote again.

Yes they have. And understand and felt the same way but understand the folly in making it easier for dems. I agree with previous posts that beginning at the local and state level primaries as our best opportunities to be heard and begin again. Choose your conservatives wisely.

I think the sentiment is centered around "voter fraud". If they can get away with it in a presidential election, what makes anyone think they won't do it at the state and local level thus making what the majority of voters want moot.

Another thing they can at the state and local levels is change the law so the 2 highest vote getters are put on the ballet. In California, it's not uncommon for the only choices in some races to be between two candidates of the same party, usually democrats. Californians can thank arnold schwarzenegger for that brilliant law.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 817 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
Unfortunately, in most elections you get to pick the candidate who is least objectionable to you. You usually don't get to pick the perfect candidate. If you want the perfect candidate you must run yourself. If a wishy washy Republican is running against Dick Durbin or Nancy Pelosi and only supports you in 20% of his/her vote, that is an improvement over the two named people. Don't vote for the Republican? Then you get Nancy and Dick.

"If you agree with me 80 percent of the time, you're an 80 percent friend and not a 20 percent enemy." -President Ronald Reagan

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30621 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
A reminder. Why don't the Republicans control the senate ?

Shane Hazel

In the Georgia senate race on 3 Nov 2020, Purdue (R) beat Ossoff but Purdue missed getting 50% of the vote by about 13,000 votes.

That triggered a runoff

Shane Hazel ran as a libertarian and got 115,039 votes.

If only 12% of Hazel's votes had gone to Purdue, then Purdue would have won on 3 Nov 2020 and the Republicans would control the senate.

Shane Hazel:
My mission is to bring people together while preserving the freedom of every individual, regardless of skin color, age, faith, gender, love and every other nuance which make us unique. We must come together and remove the government/corporate cabals from the lives of peaceful people here in the US and around the world. #PeaceThruLiberty

http://shanehazel.com/

He and his wife are also home school advocates.
I agree with what I have read about him...

But would I vote for him?
Probably not. Why?
Because sdy is right: Now the Democrats control the Senate.

Politics is sometimes the art of the possible; and sometimes it's just the least bad, the lessor of two evils.
It's a conundrum.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24307 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
But would I vote for him?
Probably not. Why?
Because sdy is right: Now the Democrats control the Senate.

So what? With Republicans abandoning their responsibilities to the Constitution and their constituents right-and-left: What does it matter?

Republican-controlled state legislatures across the nation abandoned their responsibilities by, first, enabling the steal, then failing to stop it when it had so-clearly happened.

Seven Republicans voted to convict President Trump in a kangaroo court trial.

Marco Rubio, a Republican, has re-introduced legislation to deny citizens their RKBA if they're merely being investigated for domestic terrorism.

Even Dan Crenshaw is supporting blatantly un-Constitutional red flag laws.

The GOP can KMA.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what? With Republicans abandoning their responsibilities to the Constitution and their constituents right-and-left: What does it matter?

Yeah, I see that side of it too.
But getting rid of all of these swamp creatures, Republican and Democrat... is not an easy thing to do.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24307 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sigfreund: "Now can we get some good, workable advice about how we actually accomplish those things that usually refer to changing the entire structure of American politics?"

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...the-republican-plan/

In November 2016, Georgia had 6.6 million registered voters, and in November 2020, it had 7.6 million–and probably most of those new registrants were due to Stacey Abrams’ efforts.

So what did Abrams do in the last three years to recover and gain all this clout? She worked hard, that’s what. She made a three-part calculation:

1 The way to win is to get more votes.
2 A good way to get more votes is to register more people who are likely to vote for your candidate.
3 Once you have them registered, get them to vote—in person, by mail, whatever it takes.

Persuade others to vote

Posts: 19687 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Never really trusted Crenshaw. Yes he was an operational SEAL, but he also went to Harvard, not exactly a bastion of conservative values. As mentioned , he was for red flag laws, among others. He has been so,so on President Trump, statements he made he was not a big supporter. Before the election he was making statements about if Trump loses, he loses, and the general demeanor was it didn’t matter. people on his Facebook page made comments about how disappointed they were in him. He appeared to be wanting to run for President in 2024, but will be lucky if he keeps his seat in 2022. He’s just a typical politician.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:

Dan Crenshaw will continue to get money from me even if I can't vote for him, at least not yet anyway. But he will be one of the few.

Crenshaw stepped on a rake and then some when he said that he would be o.k. to consider putting place “red flag” laws, but only with the correct controls and oversight so people’s ‘2A Rights’ would not be abused.

Uh huh.

Spend your $’s wisely.

He has a great future in the conservative fight IMO. Great young politician with a good mind, excellent debating skills and a war hero. We need more like him.

Looks like Crenshaw likes what Liz Cheney has been up to (via his tweet). . .

“Dan Crenshaw @DanCrenshawTX
·
Jan 13
Let’s get some truth on the record:
@Liz_Cheney

has a hell of a lot more backbone than most, & is a principled leader with a fierce intellect. She will continue to be a much needed leader in the conference, with my full support.

We can disagree without tearing each other apart.”

. . .so if you think we need more Cheney’s around then Dan’s your man.

Respectfully.

Posts: 3520 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It could be Dan Crenshaw believes in the 1st Amendment, but disagrees with her vote on the Presidents impeachment. We need more patriots like him in congress, and fewer one-way democrats.

If you support the 1st Amendment, it must apply to everyone.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dan Crenshaw will continue to get money from me even if I can't vote for him, at least not yet anyway. But he will be one of the few.

Crenshaw stepped on a rake and then some when he said that he would be o.k. to consider putting place “red flag” laws, but only with the correct controls and oversight so people’s ‘2A Rights’ would not be abused.

Uh huh.

Spend your $’s wisely.

He has a great future in the conservative fight IMO. Great young politician with a good mind, excellent debating skills and a war hero. We need more like him.

Looks like Crenshaw likes what Liz Cheney has been up to (via his tweet). . .

“Dan Crenshaw @DanCrenshawTX
·
Jan 13
Let’s get some truth on the record:
@Liz_Cheney

has a hell of a lot more backbone than most, & is a principled leader with a fierce intellect. She will continue to be a much needed leader in the conference, with my full support.

We can disagree without tearing each other apart.”

. . .so if you think we need more Cheney’s around then Dan’s your man.

Respectfully.

Not a fan of Liz Cheney. Nepotism in politics is too common and sickening. Really disliked her father. That Bush connection is probably the reason for her vote. That may come back to haunt her. I do really like Crenshaw though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5926 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
You really think there will ever be a fair election in this country again?

November was the kill shot

Until this nation is devoid of the current crop of politicians, we will not have a free and fair election.

Look how many republicans stood up and complained. Look how many supported our President.

They good here exactly what they think of us. We don’t matter. We don’t count. Our desires are irrelevant

Posts: 53446 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I will vote at each and every election. 75 million strong. I do not give a fuck who controls what.

Not to pile on or to brownnose, but: having met you, sometimes I read your posts and hear them in your voice. This was a really good one. Cool

Funny isn't it? Sometimes the next thing in my head is: DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE COURSE OF FIRE? or LOAD AND MAKE READY...

: - )

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
sigfreund: "Now can we get some good, workable advice about how we actually accomplish those things that usually refer to changing the entire structure of American politics?"

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...the-republican-plan/

In November 2016, Georgia had 6.6 million registered voters, and in November 2020, it had 7.6 million–and probably most of those new registrants were due to Stacey Abrams’ efforts.

So what did Abrams do in the last three years to recover and gain all this clout? She worked hard, that’s what. She made a three-part calculation:

1 The way to win is to get more votes.
2 A good way to get more votes is to register more people who are likely to vote for your candidate.
3 Once you have them registered, get them to vote—in person, by mail, whatever it takes.

Persuade others to vote
I expressed my opinion early on that a run-off election is not a new election, but the continuation of a previous election. There is no reason why anyone who was not registered to vote the first time should vote in the run-off. The state should have put a halt to new registrations until the run-off was over. Then new residents could be registered. Of course, they did not do that, and we have seen the result.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27909 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MI lawmaker caught on camera claiming that the capitol riot was staged, and Mitch McConnell was in on it.

Can anybody verify that this isn't fake news?

https://en-volve.com/2021/02/1...nell-was-part-of-it/

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its not fake. Mike Shirkey is a twatwaffle. When the dims confronted him on this he apologized for saying it.He has been censured by the Hillsdale Co Republicans. https://tinyurl.com/kl7l95q9

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1368 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5627 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Weak ass bitches Roll Eyes

Guess I have no choice but to run against turncoat Romney in 2024.

Utah GOP doesn't plan to censure Romney for impeachment vote

SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Republican Party says it has no plans to censure Sen. Mitt Romney for his vote to convict Donald Trump in the former president's second impeachment trial.

"As a party, we are focused on supporting our elected officials and unifying around those principles that got them elected," party chair Derek Brown told FOX 13. "At this point, we believe it is crucial to focus on unifying our party, working together to retain those new voters who joined the Republican Party this last year, while bringing back any who may have left."

https://www.fox13now.com/news/...ver-impeachment-vote

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30621 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post