SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^and the President pissed off the globalists to the max. They hated the man.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Trump showed the "elites" to be incompetent. A close look at his middle east policies is proof positive how useless the bureaucracy, and "leadership" has become.
Decades of stagnation caused by doing things the Washington way. In less than a year Trump had multiple peace deals between Israel and various arab countries. Look at the previous administration's now laughable comments on how peace would be achieved.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the Congress critters hated Trump because he meddled in the way Congress members screw taxpayers.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The RINO’s don’t want him in office because he’s not a politician. He has exposed them all for what they are. He is a threat to their golden ticket and they hate him for it. I have felt this way since the beginning. Just look at how BOTH sides attacked him when he announced his candidacy. He isn’t a politician, he doesn’t play their games and he gets things done. Nothing like your typical DC politician.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
The RINO’s don’t want him in office because he’s not a politician. He has exposed them all for what they are. He is a threat to their golden ticket and they hate him for it. I have felt this way since the beginning. Just look at how BOTH sides attacked him when he announced his candidacy. He isn’t a politician, he doesn’t play their games and he gets things done. Nothing like your typical DC politician.

Yep. I've been saying pretty much all the exact same things, word-for-word. I've been saying it for years now. The system reacted to remove a threat.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Let's just hope there are some Dinos in the senate.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Regarding statehood for DC, it should not happen. DC was created as the seat of the federal government and cannot have a separate set of legislators. I believe it would be unconstitutional to make it a state. I've argued for a long time that no one should actually live in DC, and if there were no residents there would be no impetus to make it a state. Any residents of DC should simply be allowed to vote in Maryland, which is where all the land now DC was taken from.

I agree with you but I think it was taken part from Maryland and part from Virginia.
The part that had been Virginia was given back to the state in 1847. DC now contains only the part that was taken from Maryland.

Trump was hated by pols on both sides because he was independently wealthy and could not be bought.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
McConnell Lays Out How Second Impeachment Would Play Out In Senate

https://www.zerohedge.com/

With Democrats set to launch a second impeachment against President Trump if he doesn't resign 'immediately,' Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has circulated a memo to GOP Senators outlining the mechanics of how a potential Senate trial would play out.

For starters, it would almost certainly occur after Trump leaves office on January 20, when Democrats take control of the Senate, according to the Washington Post. McConnell's memo notes that the Senate will not reconvene until January 19 for any substantive business - leaving the day before Joe Biden's inauguration as the earliest possible date for proceedings to begin.

Although the Senate will hold two pro forma sessions next week, on Jan. 12 and Jan. 15, it is barred from conducting any kind of business during those days — including “beginning to act on received articles of impeachment from the House” — without agreement from all 100 senators. With a cadre of Trump-allied senators in the Republican conference, that unanimous consent is highly unlikely. -Washington Post

"Again, it would require the consent of all 100 Senators to conduct any business of any kind during the scheduled pro forma sessions prior to January 19, and therefore the consent of all 100 Senators to begin acting on any articles of impeachment during those sessions," reads McConnell's memo.

This means an impeachment trial would need to be taken up by Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) who will become the majority leader after Republicans failed to hold the Senate following last week's Georgia runoff election (during which 'pro-Trump' attorney Lin Wood encouraged Republicans not to vote because the GOP candidates didn't support Trump's claims of widespread election fraud in the state).

McConnell's memo continues - outlining a scenario if the House should impeach Trump in the coming days (via WaPo):

●On Jan. 19, the Senate would receive a message from the House that it has appointed impeachment managers, and that the Senate would be ready to receive it.

●On Jan. 19 or 20, the House impeachment managers would exhibit the articles.

●On Jan. 20 or 21, the Senate would proceed to consideration of the impeachment articles at 1 p.m., and officially begin the trial. McConnell’s memo noted that the “Senate trial would therefore begin after President Trump’s term has expired — either one hour after its expiration on January 20, or twenty-five hours after its expiration on January 21.”

If Trump is successfully impeached, Congress could disqualify him from running for president again.

Meanwhile, there's a question of who would preside over the trial of a former president. In the case of a sitting president, that would fall to Chief Justice John G. Roberts, however McConnell's memo says it's "unclear" who would do so in the case of a former president.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to believe that Trump doesn't have a plan, or hasn't had one this whole time, in the midst of all this madness. Stay tuned and stand fast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
I find it hard to believe that Trump doesn't have a plan, or hasn't had one this whole time, in the midst of all this madness. Stay tuned and stand fast.

100% agree.

At this point, Rudy, Sydney Powell, Lin Wood, and Jenna Ellis will never be hired again unless they pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t realize that a President could be impeached after he was no longer in office. That’s news to me. I was starting to think he could just stick it to Pelosi and ruin her plans by resigning before she could impeach him, to maintain eligibility for 2024. I guess it’s a forgone conclusion that it’s going to happen. I can’t see a single dem that will vote no, and we all know Schumer is chomping at the bit to have at it.

As far as statehood for either/both DC and Puerto Rico....I don’t see that happening. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it takes a vote of the people of the proposed state (which Puerto Rico has voted on multiple times and they’ve always voted it down) as well as approval from two-thirds of both chambers of Congress. With the makeup of Congress right now I don’t see enough Republicans splitting off any voting in favor, knowing the only reason why the dems want it is to slant the Senate to their favor indefinitely. The Republicans would be really shooting themselves in the foot. The likelihood of this happening is about as high as voting for term limits, for the same reason esssentially.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
To sum up: RINOs don't support Trump because:

* he's not a part of the political establishment, * he's not been largely politically corruptible (pay for play, etc),
* he's been an advocate for the people and not for personal / party gain,
* because he's more nationalist than globalist.

So, because his actions have integrity and honor while prioritizing the needs of the nation and its people ahead of the party and world?

Why would I vote for a RINO over a Democrat? (I know this is a rhetorical, case by case question. Just thinking out loud.). Is this largely seamless? I need to dig a little deeper into where my House rep stands. Senators - can't do much about. But if my House rep is a RINO, maybe I should be more agnostic to party and vote based on other metrics?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I may get flamed for this. But I really don't understand why republicans, even RINOs, would prefer to have Biden in office over Trump. It can't be just "I don't like him personally" or "He's not really a establishment politician" because he should at least the lessor of evils. Is there something about Trump's policies to date? Things that disfavor the RINOs politically or financially (either publicly or personally)?

I'm having some difficulty following and figuring it out. I'd really like to understand this better. And also figure out where my House rep stands.

It is easier to bitch and complain than to lead,

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

we all know Schumer is chomping at the bit to have at it.

Just think what our politicians could do if they'd put their time and efforts to actually accomplishing something good for We The People instead of spending so much time blowharding, grandstanding, and pandering.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter what McConnell says, there is virtually no possibility that a successful impeachment of Trump (President or after) would take place. It takes 67 Senators to vote to convict, and even with some RINOs wobbly on the subject, I don't see it happening. The House impeachment accusation could occur, but I don't see it as viable. Republican Senators jumping ship and voting to convict would be signing their death warrants for continued service in the body.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

we all know Schumer is chomping at the bit to have at it.

Just think what our politicians could do if they'd put their time and efforts to actually accomplishing something good for We The People instead of spending so much time blowharding, grandstanding, and pandering.

Amen. All the time they wasted on that sham of an investigation as well as the sham of an impeachment. Pelosi and her kind are reprehensible.

Posts: 684 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
The only thing keeping Dems in check is the filibuster. I pray it holds.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
It doesn't matter what McConnell says, there is virtually no possibility that a successful impeachment of Trump (President or after) would take place. It takes 67 Senators to vote to convict, and even with some RINOs wobbly on the subject, I don't see it happening. The House impeachment accusation could occur, but I don't see it as viable. Republican Senators jumping ship and voting to convict would be signing their death warrants for continued service in the body.

flashguy

Thanks for that reminder. I had forgotten that it takes two-thirds of the Senate to convict.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
The only thing keeping Dems in check is the filibuster. I pray it holds.

Manchin has already publicly stated he does not support getting rid of the filibuster. Who knows if he’ll hold to his convictions though. Can only pray that he does.

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Who are all the "backstabbers" in the cartoon linked to below...

Pence, Barr, John Kelly, ??, ??, (woman obscured), Romney, John Bolton, John Roberts, fox, Geraldo, ???, ???, ???

https://i.imgur.com/ZtklfiA.jpg

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post