SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 925
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
A third party would work if it drew away equal numbers of both R and D voters, but I dont think even moderate D voters would ever join a party Trump voters started.

The third party candidate has caused multiple R's to lose (most recently Sen Perdue in GA; Bush senior, bco Perot; and a VA governor race (McAwful, not black face baby murderer)

I think the hardcore left shift of the D party will continue and even accelerate, causing moderate Ds to either vote R, or not vote at all

quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
The Republican party is entirely useless. Pretending to be the loyal opposition is just silly after Trump demonstrated what a real alternate party might accomplish. A strong third party can break the uni-party monopoly. There is no going back now that the deep state has been exposed. Anyone falling for the RINO rhetoric might as well vote for Democrats.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

So conservatives need to abandon conservatism in order to save conservatism. Check. Got it.

And you sound exactly like the old Mason presiding over the loss of 50,000 members per year. You sound exactly like that pastor presiding of millions of lost members in the last two decades. The only constant is change. We need to take inventory of what is helping us, and what is hurting us. I'm confident the first list is much longer than the last. That is if your interested in remaining a viable political party in an ever changing world. Or you can dig your heals in and continue to lose or change and compete. The choice is yours.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

So conservatives need to abandon conservatism in order to save conservatism. Check. Got it.

I took goose5’s statement more as not abandoning conservatism, but changing/updating how the messaging gets out. How to appeal to the younger generation. My thoughts, unfortunately, are that a lot of the younger generation needs to learn some major life lessons/mature more before their thinking will change.

Posts: 2159 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To add to my above statement, I believe one reason Trump was so successful was that he reached out directly to his supporters via Twitter and other non-traditional sources. He bypassed any slant or spin that normal media outlets would normally inject. That is but one new way of thinking. Problem was, too many saw that as non-traditional or even non-Presidential.

Posts: 2159 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
We lost the war long ago.
The list is long.
Each vote was a vote against maintaining a free and fair election.
Each vote was a vote against maintaining the Constitution.
Yet, these Politicians claimed to hold conservative pro-American values.

Here’s the Full List of Republican, Members of Congress Who Objected to the Electoral College Vote

I'll freely admit I'm confused here. These senators and representatives objected to the seating of electors from PA and AZ due to questions about the validity of the vote in those states. How is this a vote against maintaining a fair election? If they do not believe the election in those states was fair then why should they certify it?

WOW!

How could I have read that so wrong.

“ Senators who voted in favor of the objection: “

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I think each and everyone of us needs to be a part of the voting/polling process... from sunup to well after sundown. Then man up and confront anyone they see that’s committing treason, which is what I call fraudulent polling practices. Also, confront your legislatures regarding the use and fair auditing of electronic polling machines.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

WOW!

How could I have read that so wrong.

“ Senators who voted in favor of the objection: “

WHEW! I thought there was something I missed. Big Grin Thanks for posting the list. It's still good information.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
bowser said dc needs to be made a state. she's obviously got ambition in her future.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
I believe one reason Trump was so successful was that he reached out directly to his supporters via Twitter and other non-traditional sources. He bypassed any slant or spin that normal media outlets would normally inject. That is but one new way of thinking. Problem was, too many saw that as non-traditional or even non-Presidential.

Yes... and now Twitter has banned him for that exact reason.
The stated reason, that he was inciting a riot, was BS and everyone knows it.
Now, it's going to be much harder for any right thinking conservative candidate to connect directly with supporters.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Thanks for correcting me.

I still can’t find a simple list of Republican’s who favored certification of Fraudulent Electoral College Votes.

Should be a simple list to find.
Who were the Turncoat’s?
Who should we hold accountable in Primaries.

Seems like a simple question, many would have.
Who to never vote for again.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I took goose5’s statement more as not abandoning conservatism, but changing/updating how the messaging gets out. How to appeal to the younger generation. My thoughts, unfortunately, are that a lot of the younger generation needs to learn some major life lessons/mature more before their thinking will change.

Exactly. Nothing needs to be kicked out of the platform. Just learn what to put on the front burner, and what needs to be placed on the back burner. Learn different forms of outreach and messaging. I have to tell you the Republican party here in Colorado is absolutely terrible. There is lots of room for improvement.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
bowser said dc needs to be made a state. she's obviously got ambition in her future.

She already is coming off a successful run on Sha Na Na

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AzMikeCFD102:
https://itnshow.com/2021/01/05...leonardo-implicated/

Election Manipulation Carried Out By 25-Year State Dept. Employee From 2nd Floor Of U.S. Embassy Rome – Italian Defense Company Leonardo Implicated

Read: Affidavit Delivered To Congress Yesterday Declaring Confession Of Election Interference By Italian Defense Contractor Employee

https://itnshow.com/2021/01/07...contractor-employee/

AzMikeCFD102, I've also been following this. I'm about ten minutes in to the audio on the link in your
post. It sounds like President Trump knows about it now. This could be one of the main reasons for the
social media shutdown. Whether it goes anywhere or not, it's some very interesting information. I'm concerned about some of the people she named that are supposedly trying to help. Maybe we'll see.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 95 | Location: Southeast Michigan -- Downriver | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
No worries. I'm sure the Republican party will go to war for us...just be good citizens and be sure to vote for your favorite 'approved' candidate in the future.

Posts: 1974 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for correcting me.

I still can’t find a simple list of Republican’s who favored certification of Fraudulent Electoral College Votes.

Should be a simple list to find.
Who were the Turncoat’s?
Who should we hold accountable in Primaries.

Seems like a simple question, many would have.
Who to never vote for again.

ALL OF THEM

None of them made enough of a stink about the steal. They were all complacent in the face of outright fraud. They all should have been screaming at the top of there lungs "We will not let this Republic be stolen from us!"

Posts: 438 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They also need to be taught basic Civics and American and World History (beyond just Current Events). Today's young people are woefully ignorant of how this country was built and how it's supposed to work.

Regarding statehood for DC, it should not happen. DC was created as the seat of the federal government and cannot have a separate set of legislators. I believe it would be unconstitutional to make it a state. I've argued for a long time that no one should actually live in DC, and if there were no residents there would be no impetus to make it a state. Any residents of DC should simply be allowed to vote in Maryland, which is where all the land now DC was taken from.

Regarding statehood for Puerto Rico. I don't think that is a good idea, either. The last thing we need in this country is a state that does not have English as its principal language. (I didn't say "official", although I support making English the official US language.)

Of course, the main reason that Democrats want to make DC and PR states is that they expect it would add 4 permanent Democrat Senators, which with the current close margins would mean no Republican would ever be in charge. This must not happen.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I may get flamed for this. But I really don't understand why republicans, even RINOs, would prefer to have Biden in office over Trump. It can't be just "I don't like him personally" or "He's not really a establishment politician" because he should at least the lessor of evils. Is there something about Trump's policies to date? Things that disfavor the RINOs politically or financially (either publicly or personally)?

I'm having some difficulty following and figuring it out. I'd really like to understand this better. And also figure out where my House rep stands.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12748 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, you kinda answer part of your own question. Professional politicians. They‘re Rinos...dems cloaked as repubs. Spies.

As for the local folks, we all have to listen, watch their words and deeds. Get in their face and hold them accountable, spread the word.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Regarding statehood for DC, it should not happen. DC was created as the seat of the federal government and cannot have a separate set of legislators. I believe it would be unconstitutional to make it a state. I've argued for a long time that no one should actually live in DC, and if there were no residents there would be no impetus to make it a state. Any residents of DC should simply be allowed to vote in Maryland, which is where all the land now DC was taken from.

I agree with you but I think it was taken part from Maryland and part from Virginia.

The new federal territory was named District of Columbia to honour explorer Christopher Columbus, and the new federal city was named for George Washington. In 1790 French-born American engineer and designer Pierre Charles L’Enfant was chosen to plan the new capital city; meanwhile, surveyor Andrew Ellicott surveyed the 100-square-mile (260-square-km) territory with the assistance of Benjamin Banneker, a self-educated free Black man. The territory surveyed by Ellicott was ceded by Maryland, a slave state, and Virginia, the Southern state with the largest slave population, thus contributing to a significant Black presence in Washington.

https://www.britannica.com/pla...ashington-DC/History

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
He was/is disliked because he was a "common" man, not one of the chosen few higher class politicians. He didn't play their Reindeer Games. He was in it for the good of the American people, not for greed and power like the rest of the ruling class.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post