SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 916
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Did any of you formerly receive daily emails from The White House? Are you still getting them?

I am still getting texts to Amber with near daily reminders to vote. I do not know who Amber might be.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:

I love that even in a gag, they can’t help but use a $150 bottle.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
My feed of CBS said Trump is trying to overturn the results of the election.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I think a large difficulty is that once a mail-in ballot has been removed from its forwarding envelope, the postmark and signature associated with that ballot are no longer available, so it's not possible to determine that the voter was eligible, or that the ballot arrived in time. Those are the major criteria for rejecting a ballot.

flashguy

Why do you think that?
Why do I think it's a problem, or why do I think those are major criteria?

flashguy

Why do you think the envelopes are permanently separated from the ballots?

Year V

Posts: 2626 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:

Yup. I would hope ballots are serialized to form a trackable chain of custody.
They are not.
See 2004 Washington State Governor’s race.

Once ballots have been separated from their envelope and accepted as having a valid signature, they are in the mix.

There is no way to go back and compare signatures.
Only miss marking or other damage (hanging chads) can change status of ballot after they are in the mix.

The goal of cheating is simply to get the ballot in the box, as there is no way to then take it back out.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
This thread moves quickly at times so I don't know if this has been posted or discussed. Senator Grassley has sent a letter to Bill Barr very concisely and with evidence outlining his concerns with the Biden family particularly Hunter and Joes brothers James involvment with the CEFC the China energy company and their ties to the Chinese Communist Party.

Hunter nor his uncle James registered with FARA and discussed how they purposely wanted to avoid doing so. Senator Grassley didn't mention Joe in the letter but the smell is there. This CTH article has Grassleys letter to Barr in it. Barr has until the 23rd to respond.

Link

Link to letter directly

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8522 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see someone shove that bottle up Colbert's ass

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

To make it impossible to audit where they come from.

quote:
Once ballots have been separated from their envelope and accepted as having a valid signature, they are in the mix.

Only miss marking or other damage (hanging chads) can change status of ballot after they are in the mix.

The goal of cheating is simply to get the ballot in the box, as there is no way to then take it back out.

Yep. That's the biggest problem. That's why mail-in ballots are more susceptible to fraud. That's why they brought them in late at night after they sent the poll watchers home.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24042 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s that strange “secret ballot” principle that has been in effect for, oh perhaps, centuries.
If the ballot and the envelope with the voter’s name and signature were kept together after opening, it wouldn’t be secret.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Stephen Colbert goes into 'meltdown' and smashes a champagne bottle while threatening...

Like a monkey in a zoo flinging his poop; we know what they do, why would we want to watch it?

Posts: 8607 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The Dominion story is gaining traction with Trump tweets and now OANN is pushing the story that 2.7 million votes were switched from Trump to Biden.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5394 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s that strange “secret ballot” principle that has been in effect for, oh perhaps, centuries.
If the ballot and the envelope with the voter’s name and signature were kept together after opening, it wouldn’t be secret.

Yes. The purpose of the “secret ballot” is so the voter is not intimidated into voting a certain way.
However, there should still be a way to audit ballots. I think the ballot should have identifying characteristics which link it to the voter. A name, a signature, or even a thumb print. The “secret ballot” can be cast in secret at the time of voting but it must remain possible to determine if a legitimate voter cast that vote.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24042 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Real Election 'Trump Card': Refuse to Certify
By Jay Valentine

This week started off with almost every Big Media entity congratulating "President-Elect Joe Biden." There is now an Office of the President Elect, some fabrication that I recall was created by Obama to suck the oxygen out of the room even before he took office.

Republicans are being pilloried for not being able to show "proof" of election fraud. Trump's team has provided the List of the Dead, an Egyptian-like roll of voters who voted from the grave. Tucker Carlson ran lists on his show — dead people who rose from the grave to vote.

As Republicans seek those gnarly voter rolls, get their hands on the most egregious ballots, they are stymied at every step. For every Republican court case, there are Democrats opposing them or sitting on the judicial bench thwarting them. Running out the clock.

Well, what should one do? This is where the fun really begins, and our pals the Democrats have brought us this little party. Let's go there.

As the "anecdotal fraud" stories grew, they further inflamed people. Funny thing about anecdotes: They may not add up to lots of fraud votes, but every one is a memorable story. A story is far more important right now than being able to snag the names of more dead from the roles. Tucker pretty much topped that off.

Anecdotes are stories, and stories are the oldest form of human communication. The Bible came to us from stories, later written down and passed through the ages. Homer's Iliad and later Beowulf are stories that remain today the most intimate view into the life and times of early Bronze Age Greeks and the early Middle Ages. Stories move — statistics not so much.

Anecdotes are driving 71 million Americans mad.

Americans are particularly sensitive to fairness. A young child recognizes someone cutting in line. Fairness is innate; we all have it. For some, it is baked out by ideology when they adopt "the end justifies the means" kind of thinking. But those are not the Trump voters.

This election was not fair. Everyone, or about everyone, sees it, and, clearly, about 71 million people who voted for Trump cannot get past it.

To make it more unfair, those who committed the fraud will not let Trump's team see the scorecards. No vote-counting unless they are bludgeoned into it. Lower courts, often with Democratic judges, are equally opaque. Nothing to see here.

Sometimes you have to thank your opponent for being really stupid. Napoleon said never needlessly interfere with your enemy when he is destroying himself. We might create a corollary here: when your opponent drives you to high ground, take it. And say thanks.

Let's do that. Let's call it the American Thinker corollary. Give it a name like the Overton Window or Occam's razor, and into Wikipedia it goes. Fun times.

We cannot win the mind-numbing, detailed, line-by-line, opposed at every step swamp war with those who just stole an election. At least we cannot do it in 30 days, which is about all we have. More importantly, we cannot deliver every day the statistics to reverse the media drum beat to just move along and go with Joe.

We can, or Trump himself can, take the stories to the people, all 71 million of them. It appears he is starting down that path. This week, the speaker of the Pennsylvania House, a now key player in this drama, said "no certification without audits."

Here's what that means.

Screw the stats. Trump is the number-one communicator in this quadrant of the galaxy. Trump has scores of anecdotes like that loose string on the sock where, when you pull it a bit, the sock comes apart.

The Trump rallies hit every swing state and educate their legislatures about the power of anecdotes. Anecdotes drive voters. Everyone remembers a story. Voters remember.

This election must be certified by two chambers of every swing-state Legislature.

The speaker in Pennsylvania just showed us the high ground. The Republican legislatures follow his lead and say no certification without the following:

- a full audit, by hand of every vote

- any court or election official mandate not approved by the Legislature does not count — take out those votes

- voting machines: cough up the source code, the audit logs for our forensic teams

You get the picture.

If the Democrats challenge this, the clock works against them. Thirty days. Tick, tick.

Trump plays the Trump card. Seventy-one million people demanding a recount — fair, honest, transparent.

No recount, no certification. No voting machine code review, no certification.

No certification, and the House of Representatives makes the call, and Trump gets off the golf course and back to work.

This is the high ground. The Democrats have given it to us; let us gather together and say "thanks."

https://www.americanthinker.co...fuse_to_certify.html

-rduckwor

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

To make it impossible to audit where they come from.

quote:

Yep. That's the biggest problem. That's why mail-in ballots are more susceptible to fraud. That's why they brought them in late at night after they sent the poll watchers home.

I don't want to accept this. This is bullshit. Was it to keep the voter "anonymous" or to conceal the fraud? "Quick, throw that envelope away." These are special circumstances. We have mass mail-in voting, purportedly because of Covid, so in order to keep the integrity of that process, the envelopes should have been stapled immediately to the ballots. The only recourse is to re-vote. Re-counting is a joke.

Year V

Posts: 2626 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
From the National Review:

The media convinced themselves that their foamy-mouthed anger with Donald J. Trump was shared by the American people as a whole. The people responded with a giant nuh-uh. President Trump will not go in the books as a Jimmy Carter or even as a George H.W. Bush: Despite his having presided over perhaps the bleakest American year in my lifetime, his reelection was an attractive proposition for a massive slice of voters. Even assuming the narrow Joe Biden victory that now appears likely, the media should prepare themselves a shame sandwich for lunch and devour every bite.

But will they? After Trump’s global shocker of a victory in 2016, the media should have reckoned with his popularity. Instead, they and their friends in the Democratic Party manufactured some scandals (the nonexistent collusion with Russia) and exaggerated others (Trump’s ridiculous but not terribly meaningful tweeting habits), whipping themselves into frenzy upon frenzy upon frenzy. When you live in New York and work at a place such as CNN, everyone thinks the way you do. Everyone talks about Trump incessantly, and the only register is outrage.

As anyone who has written publicly about Trump can tell you, though, the president’s supporters identify with him to an extent that mirrors the way Democrats identified with his predecessor. Yes, Trump fans love him as much as Obama voters loved their guy. Insult Trump — call him, on thin evidence, a white supremacist or a fascist or even the new Hitler, as the media have been doing for five years — and you’re insulting his voters. Those voters won’t necessarily show up for any other candidate, because they’re not normally political creatures. The turnout was an astonishing 66.8 percent, the highest on record since 1900, and yet the “turnout favors Democrats” model was turned on its ear. Trump obviously drove people to the polls who normally don’t bother. As pollster Robert Cahaly of the Trafalgar Group kept saying, there was a mother lode of hidden Trump support. He slightly overestimated its strength, but he was far closer to the mark than conventional pollsters who had Biden winning Michigan by 7 (CNBC/Change Research, November 2) or Wisconsin by 11 (New York Times/Siena Research, November 1.)

Trump changed the shape of the electorate: His fans would have voted for him ten times, barefoot, in a blizzard, if they could have. And when they did show up, there were enough of them so that, combined with the Republican Party’s usual base, they were able to stun the pollsters in the House (where the party appears to have added seats) and the Senate (where the party did better than even its most optimistic partisans dared hope, and will likely retain a majority). Everyone, including in the GOP, underestimated Trump.

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I actually like the turtle analogy. Some news puke (cnn?) referred to President Trump as an 'obese turtle on its back' or some such nonsense. Thus, we got this (borrowed from another SIGForum member dozens of pages ago):

President Trump is NOT some cartoony Box Turtle (and that graphic looks more like a tortoise than a turtle). No, he is a freaking Alligator Snapping Turtle:

Ever see a p*ssed off Snapping Turtle? Guess what - they are ALL p*ssed off, all the time.

Snapping Turtles are apex predators in whatever pond, stream, or creek they inhabit. Woe to the human who gets too close to one, as they are lightning fast and determined. They are basically slower, smaller versions of a Velociraptor. I caught and ate one years ago - after I cut its head off, it was STILL trying to bite me (I had to make sure I put the head somewhere I wouldn't step on it - they have decentralized nervous systems and it was still trying to bite me 1.5 hrs after I started cleaning it) (I'm sure there is a 'quick' way to clean a turtle, but it was a mystery to me then and now).

So, in this fight, my money's on the Snapping Turtle, our President. He is the only President other than perhaps Reagan that I would trust to fight this fight for us.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Just tie each ballot to a SSN. The .gov, IRS, financial institutions, Big Tech, etc. already know everything about me including my SSN. They probably already know how I voted with 99% certainty anyway. There is only the appearance of voting anonymity, when in reality none exists.

So having my ballot directly linked to my SSN doesn't really change anything. Having legitimate elections can prevent us from the totalitarian .gov that would use your voter record against you in the first place. If the Stasi shows up at my front door because I voted the wrong way then so be it, better to get it over with sooner rather than later.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

...The only recourse is to re-vote. Re-counting is a joke.

I don’t believe there is any mechanism, legislation, or process allowing for a “re-vote”. Not to mention the time it would take and the likely repeated fraud and manipulation.

There is a method already in place in the constitution to address a failed election process, a vote by state delegations in the House.

Time to stick to the law and not accept any “But COVID!” exceptions or excuses to make changes outside the legislative process or by executive decree.

If the matter can be addressed and resolved in time for the 12/14 Electoral College date, so be it. If not, then apply the remedy as set forth in the Constitution.

Win the legal challenges or run out the clock.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10924 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Those voters won’t necessarily show up for any other candidate, because they’re not normally political creatures. The turnout was an astonishing 66.8 percent, the highest on record since 1900, and yet the “turnout favors Democrats” model was turned on its ear. Trump obviously drove people to the polls who normally don’t bother. As pollster Robert Cahaly of the Trafalgar Group kept saying, there was a mother lode of hidden Trump support.

Yep. And not only will a more conventional Republican candidate not drive turnout like Trump, but if 72 million people are cheated, effectively disenfranchised, how many of them will ever vote again?
If you know it's rigged there's no point in participating.

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
Wish it one hand and shit in the other, see which one gets full first. Fraud or no fraud the elections over and Trump lost. The claims of fraud will be found baseless or insignificant and will be swept aside and the election will be certified. There are many members here that worship Trump, and many more that cling to the idea of a president that is capable and agrees with at least some of the ideals that they hold. When Trump rolled onto the political scene he was an ass clown, he has for the last four years been our ass clown, but now it is time to find another. No amount of foot stamping or posting on the internet where only others of like mind read will change the facts, flawed or not.

Posts: 1794 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post