SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
^^^ AHAHAHAHAHA!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I thought IRS tax information was personally confidential.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
tax liens against real estate are filed in the county where the real estate sits and are public records

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...olent-crime-n2572956

Speaking during an event at the White House Wednesday afternoon, Attorney General Bill Barr explained in detail the important role federal law enforcement has played in significantly reducing violent crime around the country.

"The first duty of government is to protect the safety of our citizens. And we're here to explain the initiative to combat rising violent crime in a number of our cities. Our goal is to help save lives. The principle danger to the lives of our inner city communities is violent crime.

The leading cause of death for young black males is homicide

Each year approximately 7500 black Americans are the victims of homicide. Every one of those lives matter," Barr said.

young black males killing young black males. Thousands every year. from DoJ stats

this is the issue to be addressed by anyone who truly cared about the well being of black men

"In 1992 violent crime, nationwide, was double what it is today and it was at that time that federal law enforcement turned its attention to this kind of violent crime. Before that, the federal government didn't really play that much of a role in it," he continued. "But we started to attack violent crime in conjunction with state and local government. It was at that time, for example, that the FBI set up its gang, anti-gang task forces throughout the United States and we started using our strong federal laws that permit us to target those that use guns to kill others and those that are involved in gang activity. Our approach was to set up anti-violent crime task forces in the cities to enforce federal law and take the shooters and the chronic violent criminals off the streets. We helped pay for state and local officers to join these task forces so we could leverage our strength and this approach was extremely successful in the intervening decades in driving crime down."

Barr also explained how the recent vilification of law enforcement has led to a significant increase in violent crime in cities across the country.

"At the end of the Obama administration crime started going back up again and for the first two, two and a half years of this administration we were succeeding in pushing it down," Barr said. "We had this extreme reaction that has demonized police and called for the defunding of police departments and what we have seen then is a significant increase in violent crime in many inner cities. This rise is direct result of the attack on the police force and the weakening of police forces."

Barr's remarks come as the Mayor of Chicago, with violence in her city raging out of control, refuses to accept federal help. Last night alone, 15 people were shot outside of a funeral home.

italics are my comments

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's On: Trump Officially Announces Additional Federal Agents are Headed to Chicago, Elsewhere

Speaking from the White House Wednesday afternoon, President Trump announced a surge of federal law enforcement officers to a number of cities across the country, including Chicago, to work with local officers on combatting out of control, violent crime.

"Today, I'm announcing a surge of federal law enforcement into American communities plagued by violent crime. We'll work every single day to restore public safety, protect our nation's children and bring violent perpetrators to justice. We've been doing it and you've been seeing what's happening all around the country. We've just started this process and frankly, we have no choice but to get involved," Trump said about the expansion of Operation Legend, which started in Kansas City, Missouri. "My first duty as President is to protect the American people, and today I am taking action to fulfill that sacred obligation...to those crying for justice and crying for help, help is on its way."

"I'm proud to stand with you in this struggle," he continued. "I'm proud to fight by your side to deliver a better future for the citizens of every race, color and creed. As soon as the cities call to ask for help we will be there in full force and will stop this horrible situation very quickly, but in the meantime we're doing something that's going to have an impact."

Operation Legend was named after LeGend Taliferro, a four year old boy who was murdered while sleeping at home.

According to the White House, over 100 assets and agents from the FBI, U.S. Marshal Service, DEA and ATF will be deployed to combat crime.

"It's important to stress that the operations we are talking about are the standard, anti-crime fighting activities we have been carrying out around the country for decades. We will be adding federal agents to the task forces. These are street agents, they are investigators who will be working to solve murders and to take down the violent gangs. They'll be working shoulder to shoulder with our state and local colleagues," Attorney General Bill Barr added. "This is a different kind of operation obviously than the tactical teams we use to defend against riots and mob violence and we are going to continue to confront mob violence, but the operations we are discussing today are very different. They are classic crime fighting."

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
LeGend
OK, it's certainly not the poor kid's fault, but damn. These people, I swear. Roll Eyes

That kind of silly shit is an indicator of the problem. Why didn't you name him after your favorite car or alcoholic beverage, mom?

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Co-founder Weaver, a political consultant known for his work on John McCain's and John Kasich's presidential campaigns ...

There's a great track record. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://dailycaller.com/2020/0...ma-era-housing-rule/

The Trump administration will end the Obama administration’s 2015 Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule Thursday morning, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson and senior HUD officials explained Wednesday to the Daily Caller.

“At the request of the President, HUD will be tearing down the Obama Administration’s Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule,” Carson told the Daily Caller. “In nearly every case, it is a fact that local governments are more adequately equipped to deal with their community’s unique needs than any unelected bureaucrat in Washington.”

The AFFH rule was added to the decades-old Fair Housing Act by the Obama administration in an effort to hold local HUD grantees accountable to the idea of furthering affordable housing by producing and maintaining assessments of fair housing practices

Furthermore, the Trump administration argues the rule hurt low income Americans by forcing federal funds into wealthy areas, as numerous local jurisdictions opted out of the program due to the cost of producing reports, delivering them to HUD, and in many cases, forcing through zoning changes to maintain compliance.

Carson and senior HUD officials stated that the decision to roll back AFFH dated back to President Donald Trump’s first days in office. Carson originally suspended AFFH tools in 2018, and Trump further instructed Carson in January of 2020 to go as far as the law allows to terminate and replace the rule, without requiring Congressional action, senior HUD officials said. The president has recently voiced his opinion on the subject, tweeting he was considering ending the rule in June.

HUD officials maintained that the rule change does not mean the administration is “abandoning” the principles outlined in the Fair Housing Act. Instead, they said that Trump and Carson are seeking to streamline the process in which local jurisdictions can quickly provide safe and affordable housing to people who need it most.

Since being tapped to lead HUD, Carson has taken significant steps to ensure fair housing aid be made available to those who truly need it. He and HUD accused and sued Facebook of violating the Fair Housing Act in 2019 by restricting housing-based ads by race and other factors. Carson has also cleared a significant backlog of Fair Housing complaints rolled over from the previous administration. Data provided to Daily Caller indicate that under Carson’s leadership, HUD has investigated and resolved 22,933 Fair Housing cases since January 2017.

“Washington should not have the power to social engineer our communities by leveraging federal resources. Thankfully, President Trump has stepped in to protect our neighborhoods, communities and families from the heavy hand of government.”

“Secretary Carson and President Trump have rightfully recognized the importance of rolling back Obama’s AFFH rule, which sought to extort localities for utopian demographic design. For years I have fought this effort by Democrats to socially engineer local neighborhoods for political power,” Gosar stated. “I fully support this Trump Administration rule that empowers local communities.”

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
LeGend
OK, it's certainly not the poor kid's fault, but damn. These people, I swear. Roll Eyes

That kind of silly shit is an indicator of the problem. Why didn't you name him after your favorite car or alcoholic beverage, mom?

She tried but couldn't remember which letters were capitalized (Acura Legend)

Posts: 2542 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...-minutes/5492998002/

President Donald Trump said Thursday he is cancelling the Jacksonville portion of the Republican National Convention that had been planned next month because of the coronavirus pandemic.

"The timing for this event is not right," Trump said. "There's nothing more important than keeping our people safe."

Trump said that he would hold a speech of some kind to formally accept his party's nomination for president. The move is a significant blow to the campaign, which had hoped to use the convention to reset his presidential campaign.

Trump said convention delegates will still gather in North Carolina and formally nominate him for re-election.

"We will still do a convention speech in a different form, but we won't do a big crowded convention, per se," Trump said. "I care deeply about the people of Florida and everywhere else, frankly, in this country and even in the world who would be coming into the state. And I don't want to do anything to upset it. They will be doing very well very shortly."

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The Dems think their plan is working nicely. No campaign is the best campaign for Biden. No campaign is the worse scenario for Trump or so they think. Either way they are going to get crushed in November. All these cities that are entertaining lawlessness and dictator governors are driving all these states right to Trump. Convention or no convention. Campaign or no campaign.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I'm bummed. We need more Mt. Rushmore speeches.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
First Trump acquiesces to the whole mask charade yesterday during the Wuhan press conference giving the Democrats and particularly Pelosi an opportunity to say, "see, Trump admits he was wrong, people died, blah, blah, blah," and now he cancels the convention, one of the most important steps to his reelection. Who the hell is advising the President anyway? Is it an attempt to soften and appeal to the "independents"?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, why don't you tell us?

"First he does this, then he does that. Let's speculate!"

Go ahead

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I have no idea why. I was thinking out loud. Shouldn't have posted it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ya think?

I mean, after all, the man has only saved our asses, so, any chance to express disappointment at a lack of perfection, or anything we don't understand, well, we should jump on that shit like there's no tomorrow, right?

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I just met with one of our delegates to the Jacksonville convention last night. He was excited to go but apprehensive nonetheless. He was only going to be allowed in the hall one night. They are also worried about antifa/ BLM. I think Trump made the right decision to cancel the Jacksonville convention. It wouldn't have been anything like a regular convention anyway.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

When intelligent people receive or develop new information that warrants their reconsidering their previous opinions and positions about things, that’s what they do: They reconsider, and if necessary, change their opinions, positions, and actions. I have changed my mind about innumerable things that I firmly believed and supported at one time. And despite my great age and therefore knowing almost everything of importance there is to know, I anticipate that it is still likely I will change my mind about another thing or two before I shuffle off. Roll Eyes

One thing about this pandemic is that the world has never before seen its like in terms of how we are reacting to it. We obviously knew virtually nothing about it when the disease was identified as something new, and therefore we should expect that people will change their minds about its spread and effects as new knowledge is acquired. Only those with the littlest of minds would do otherwise.

It takes great intellectual courage to change one’s mind, and especially for someone in the public eye who can be pilloried for doing so. There is not a person on the planet whose opinions and actions I fully approve of—not even me—but one of the things I admire most about anyone is their willingness to examine their beliefs and to change them when warranted.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Glad my wife and I got our once-in-a-lifetime chance in 2016.
I’m afraid Jacksonville would be an “attractive nuisance” for every wacko anarchomarxmaofascist in the southeast.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump knows the DEMs will try to use COVID-19 as one of their primary attack themes against his campaign.

Doesn't make any sense to give them ammo.

Give him lots of space right now. He'll have "more flexibility" after the election. Where did i hear that ?