SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our first casualty of the "Stay At Home" order...**The Wu-Flu haircut thread**
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our first casualty of the "Stay At Home" order...**The Wu-Flu haircut thread** Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I came home from the range yesterday to find this...

So the wife tried to cut his hair for the first time.

I couldn't leave the boy like that. That's cruel and unusual punishment. I've never cut hair before, so I tried going with the "Just got back from MCRD look."

Looks like a three day old high and tight. Can't wait for the barbershops to open again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5411 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not bad.
I'm well overdue, but haven't found a decent clipper set in stock locally.
Went to check Walmart Saturday & broke the motorcycle, and haven't been out to take a check around since.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15345 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Nice, high and tight!

HK Ag

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My wife cut my hair a couple of weeks ago, her first time ever cutting hair. Not bad. She watched a certain you tube video a few times, she only used scissors and her fingertips for measurements. I needed a cut back in Feb, never got around to it.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I am about to have wife do my hair with a beard trimmer. I might be the next victim.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I have a trimmer coming Wednesday. I'm going to give myself a buzz cut. We'll see how it turns out.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
She asked me if I wanted her to cut my hair. I told her I'm considering going for the Jesus look. Maybe even long enough to pull it back into a pony tail, so I best not get a haircut any time soon.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5411 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
It looks good.

I am 6 weeks over due for a hair cut.
I was due when we got back from a cruise just as the world was shutting down.
My wife has said she would cut my hair but I did not want to take a chance Wink
At that point I also stopped shaving Big Grin
It might just be time to start growing a ponytail again Cool

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
He did ALOT better job than I did first time I cut my hair.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Not bad.
I'm well overdue, but haven't found a decent clipper set in stock locally.
Went to check Walmart Saturday & broke the motorcycle, and haven't been out to take a check around since.

If you were a bit closer I’d let you use mine. If you feel like making an hour trip South of Spring sometime this weekend you’re more than welcome to have at it in the master bathroom.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Benny6, your wife needs to read up on hair trimmer -GUARDS
But you turned out a fine future candidate for the military!
Hoo Rah!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8365 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
That looks like a workable haircut. Smile Thank god the lady who cuts my hair texted me last week to let me know she was becoming an outlaw and returning to cutting some of her client's hair. I jumped at the opportunity to clean up my hair. I'd be a horrible hippy or beatnik. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Just got back from MCRD" look?
Smiling way too much for that! Wink

Not a bad high-n-tight!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Mine isn't too bad but could use a little "thinnin.'"

Supposedly, the governor is supposed to lift some of the business closures around May 1.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
#2 the whole thing! It's free feeling man. Over 20 years for me now.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12644 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
One of the few benefits of being bald.

Wife buzzes my monk's fringe with the smallest guard about once a month.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15249 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
#2 the whole thing! It's free feeling man. Over 20 years for me now.

Yep, me too. Takes the wife 10 minutes.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look bad.I been bald the last twenty five years.I don't pay anyone to do that,I do it myself.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago when we had no money I convinced the wife to cut my hair. I explained how to use the clippers and the guards and how to taper the sides and back and cut the top. She was hesitant but I talked her into taking a shot. Started well. She gained some confidence. She was touching up the back and I felt the clippers on my head and all of the sudden she says "oh shit!" as I feel the clippers snaking up the back of my head. She forgot to put the guard back on leaving me with a three inch long bald spot the width of the clippers at a slight diagonal from my hairline up the back of my head. She was mortified and felt awful. All I could do was laugh. There was no fixing it so I buzzed my head to a #3 and waited for patch to grow in and buzzed to a #3 again. Even wearing a hat didn't work because the bald patch started at my hairline. I was self employed so no worries. It grows back. I'm just crazy enough to let her try again.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
With a guard that's super easy.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12429 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post