SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paul Harrell apparently has pancreatic cancer and will hand over his you tube channel to his brother.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Harrell apparently has pancreatic cancer and will hand over his you tube channel to his brother. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Very sad news. Love his approach, detail and dry humor.

https://youtu.be/BSo1NvVrbEo?si=ssL_v0H5LMEq9noU

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 8019 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, His site is the best on the internet for firearms education. I wish him the best.

Posts: 599 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Mannnn, so sad.

He had pinned a comment on his 'Channel Update' video (where he originally announced the cancer several months ago) that said:

"Some people have erroneously posted on line that I'm "stage four"
I am NOT. It was caught very early and I'm going to be here for a long time.
I posted this video for two reasons:
1) to head off comments telling me I look tired/bad/etc.
2) to get out in front of the lies stalkers will tell."

... so I had high hopes on the prognosis. Even though pancreatic cancer seems to always have just the opposite.

Paul has great content and I'll really miss his videos ... assuming this video really means what it appears to.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Copefree,

Posts: 5085 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Paul Harrell is the best. Love his work.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying for him.

I’m amazed by his ability to communicate information thru long dialogues without misspeaking and with no camera cuts.

Silent

Posts: 1055 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve enjoyed watching his content. Thoughts and prayers out to him.

Posts: 815 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I like his personality and standard format for presenting material. For some people it would make them crazy watching it, but for me it works perfectly. America needs more citizens like him.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Sorry hear of his illness. Enjoy watching his videos and learning from the tests he performs. Will say a prayer for him at bedtime.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1607 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying he has a quick and full recovery.

Posts: 2762 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
He'll be just fine. He seems to be handling it well. I'm waiting for the video where he shoots the tumor with a sampling of Remington green and white box 115 grain jacketed hollow point on the left and Winchester white box 115 grain jacketed hollow point on the right.

I know it's a bad cancer but can be survivable long term. I had to look them up to be sure but Chris Rea is still living as is Alfredo Astiz. I'm not sure what the quality of life is after the cancer but I hope to see Paul back.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Just saw the news that Paul passed away. Godspeed.

In typical Paul fashion, a new video notification popped up on my screen: ‘Paul Harrell - I’m Dead’.

Posts: 1145 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Paul.
He should have called out more YouTubers. What were they gonna do, sue him ?

Posts: 4976 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
RIP Paul.
He should have called out more YouTubers. What were they gonna do, sue him ?

While that would be funny.. not his style nor how he would want to be remembered IMO.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2713 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 27620 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He Pre-recorded a goodbye video

https://youtu.be/M-gZuFcEu0E?feature=shared

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 355 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite channels on YT. May his brother continue to put out great information. A class act all around.

Posts: 3406 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1103 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
I hope to have his aplomb when I meet my end.

Posts: 7804 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed his videos…..sad news!

Posts: 3161 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Sad news for sure, guess I thought it would take longer like he mentioned before and in the goodbye video. RIP Paul Frown

quote:
Originally posted by 9mm_shooter:
I hope to have his aplomb when I meet my end.

It was really interesting how calm and matter of fact he was about it. Nothing ever seem to bother him in his videos or that small internet quarrel, he just always seemed the same. Still even see it coming, idk if could be as accepting as him, but I guess when you’re there it’s coming whether you want it to or not.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2556 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post