SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's on the grill/smoker today?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's on the grill/smoker today? Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
A rack of ribs and a dozen jalapeno poppers.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Nothing here. We're doing a seafood boil Cool . Crab clusters, shrimp, scallops, redskins, smoked sausage...

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Smoking a small brisket at my parents in the mountains of western NC…

Kid’s dog ran off, but we found him w/I half an hour.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11288 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
11.5lb brisket. Started it last night before bed on my Weber kettle with a charcoal snake. It was at 175F this morning when I got up. Wrapped it and added a little more charcoal. It went for four more hours, pulled it off 20 minutes ago at 204F and into the cooler to rest. We plan on eating around 2pm. Pics will follow later. Smile

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My wife is trying some Pioneer Woman Dr. Pepper pulled pork. The Pioneer Woman has yet to swing and miss in this house so we'll see.

Posts: 7529 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Brats on the Yoder 640S low and slow until they whistle, toasted keto hotdogs buns
Just me and honey slowing down

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Hot dogs: Jalapeno and cheddar smoked sausages on brat XL buns. Going to put cheese, chili, and pico de gallo on them and with Cavender's seasoning. I am going to try the microwave corn on the cob too.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It's gonna be a Prime Rib Roast on the BGE.
Dry Aged 35 Days, 4.7lbs:

Money shot to come later .... Smile

Updated with final result.

It was incredible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smschulz,

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Drove 1000 miles to mom’s in Franklin. Met some HS friends last night, and my older brother is surprising my mom for her birthday…dad’s gotta go get him from Asheville in an hour or so.

Hope that brisket finishes at dinner time.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11288 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Nice! Enjoy.

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to hit the grill with 1/4 lb. Nathan's hotdogs along with potato salad and baked beans. That seems like a respectable meal for the 4th of July.

Posts: 6624 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Fresh SC coast shrimp marinated for 2 hrs then grilled. Grilled eggplant, zucchini, onions and peppers. Along with a nice chilled beverage, it was a great meal to enjoy on this important day. Life is good.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Pork ribs

Posts: 3726 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Made BBQ spare ribs Monday for the in-laws and other family and they were delicious. Would have been a total fail in any rib competition as they were on the verge of "fall off the bone tender" but everyone loved them.

I got started about 7 am Monday setting up my Weber kettle with a charcoal snake and realized I had only about 25 briquettes left but lots of lump. Had always heard that snakes are tough with lump but I sorted out the most equal size chunks I had and built my snake with 2/3 lump and 1/3 briquettes and it worked out just fine.

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10961 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Ribs last night on the Weber kettle. No smoking though and I went for more of the hot and fast. Still took ~2 hours but worth it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Some filet mignon perfection.
Direct heat over Kingsford charcoal.
My pita bread and a good beer.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post