SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video of North Carolina Anti-Gun Sheriff Candidate
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video of North Carolina Anti-Gun Sheriff Candidate Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted
Yep, we have tools like this in law enforcement in North Carolina (Buncombe County). Here are his common sense gun proposals:
  • Raise age to purchase any firearm to 21
  • Ban sale of all hi cap mags, longuns and handguns
  • Ban rapid fire mechanisms (e.g., bump stocks)
  • Require CCW to only carry the weapon they qualified with
  • Require proficiency testing for CCW, preferably annually
  • Ban any weapon designed for use by the military
  • Makes joke about taking guns from cold dead hands, then says will take them from you when you die

Dumb ass admits that gun buybacks yield junk guns, but then says he wants to have regular gun buyback programs, using drug forfeiture money.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
How about go fornicate yourself, Daryl. Go find your other brother.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could almost understand this rhetoric if the assjack was from Charlotte, Greensboro, or Raleigh, but how the hell could he get elected in the mountains of NC spewing shit like that?
Is Asheville some growing liberal shithole?

Posts: 1072 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Asheville sees itself as as Berkeley or SF East.

Posts: 12938 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Someone should remind him that the Second Amendment is there to keep elected officials from becoming tyrants...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
What a complete fuck stick, how the hell do people applaud some of his ideas, especially the cold dead hands one?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish someone would have asked him if his department would follow those same guidelines. I bet his SRT team would be a little miffed if they had to give up the weapons because they were designed for the military. That armored truck they have looks a bit like it could have been designed for military use as well. Heck, revolvers should be good to go for his deputies as well. Oh wait, weren't revolvers originally designed for the military?

This guy is a boob. "Vote for me. I'll make sure we take plenty of photos of the crime scene once we get there, to find out who killed you while you were waiting on us to show up. I promise!" With a politicians wink and a smile.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1114 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an ass-hat. If wants confiscation - let him by the first officer to start knocking on doors.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Premptive-str ... um, write letters:

http://www.rdarylfisher4sheriff.com/contact-us/

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15911 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Aren't NC county sheriffs supposed to give permission to purchase a handgun, i.e., sign off on a handgun purchase permit? (Not even California has this.) Let's hope for his defeat, and make it a sound thrashing so he is too embarrassed to flap his yap again.

Posts: 28013 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Thank God for B J Barnes in Guilford County. You can believe I am going to stay out of Buncombe County at all possible.

As far as training we get training and, probably what he is not telling you is that the reason LEOS can only carry what they are trained with is because if they ever get into a fire fight involving more that one officer they can readily swap magazines with each other should the need arise and, it makes it much more economical for the armorer to stock parts for their firearms.

I won't say what part of his anatomy he is talking out of.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Sounds like to me he is going to order the murder of innocent citizens in the name of protecting citizens.

Like all communists.

The shitbags applauding, should move to the commie country of their choice.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34143 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Does any of the shit he is exposing violate NC state law?

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope this fucker strokes out.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
He’s running for Sheriff, not the legislature maybe he needs to be reminded of that.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I know nothing of NC politics. Does this guy has a shot at winning?

Posts: 6065 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Aren't NC county sheriffs supposed to give permission to purchase a handgun, i.e., sign off on a handgun purchase permit? (Not even California has this.) Let's hope for his defeat, and make it a sound thrashing so he is too embarrassed to flap his yap again.

Yep. It’s an old Jim Crow law that was designed to keep blacks from owning guns legally. Liberals love it.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Yes, to purchase in NC you need a pistol purchase permit from the Sheriff or a CCW. However, CCW is may issue, not shall issue with no recourse if denied.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1089 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
He's the exact guy that the 2nd Amendment was created for. Does he realize the iron of that?

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes, Asheville is a place with great food and some really good beers, but politically left and getting lefty'er.

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post