SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baltimore mayor, at anti-gun rally, suggests boxing matches could settle 'beef'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore mayor, at anti-gun rally, suggests boxing matches could settle 'beef' Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Stunningly simple. The mayor, not the idea.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
This idiot must still be living in the 50's.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I think he's watched "Cool Hand Luke" one too many times. Saturday afternoon out in da yard, yo!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Any man who fights other than Saturday afternoon spends a night in the box.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Why not 'rock, paper, scissors'? Televise it.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeeeaaaahhh...I'll have to "one up" you on that.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
They need to build a new roman colosseum in Baltimore. Add a roof and some air-conditioning. Sell tickets.

The original Colosseum not only had gladiators fighting each other to the death,(who professionally trained by the way), but people eaten by wild beasts, various painful deaths, etc. You know now that I think about it, putting street thugs into such an environment might not be so bad-and it could make a profit on Pay Per View as well as cleaning out the most rotten apples from the lockups-the ones who will NEVER reform and would just prey on the good people again.

Posts: 165 | Registered: December 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sure. Have a boxing match. The winner gets to shoot the loser.

My solution makes as much sense as theirs.

Guns are not the problem. I believe they know the actual problem but are incapable of admitting to it.

I am starting to wonder... I don't think they truly do know. I think the liberal madness is so strong in some of these people that they just cant see it. I used to think they were just pushing an agenda, but anymore I wonder if they truly believe this bullshit.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post