SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stepson and granddaughter came to visit.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stepson and granddaughter came to visit. Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
What a treat. The kid and his daughter came to visit. He has become a quite accomplished man and I am proud of him. He’s working a couple of decent jobs, and still makes well as a personal trainer when he’s not working his other jobs.
My granddaughter is amazing. This little lady (14) wanted to be able to speak with her grandma in grandma’s native language. So she started to google the Korean alphabet. After a years practice, she can read and speak Korean. Her sentence structure isn’t perfect, but Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, I am so proud of this little lady. She’s incredibly intelligent. She also has taught herself to play the guitar and piano from YouTube videos. On top of all that, she lives in a liberal household and asked serious questions about the impeachment hearings. She’s not bought into the liberalism.
Her and I went out yesterday afternoon and I had a discussion with her about money, “being poor”, and work, work ethic, doing your best, etc. I made her day when I took her out to a dirt road and let her drive my truck for a couple miles. It was the first time she ever drove. I failed by not getting it on video so she could show her friends. After all that, her and I built a gingerbread house last night. I helped with construction, she did all the design.
Today we dropped her off at security to fly back home, and she had to go alone. She is always great about texting and calling. We didn’t hear from her for almost half an hour. I was already in line with Alaska Air working on getting a gate pass (didn’t know they existed until I contacted security) when she called. As of today, I really do understand what unconditional love means. I had thought the worst and was worried about that little bugger. She was on the phone with a friend and was walking with her phone in her picket. Didn’t think it was me texting and didn’t look at the other incoming calls.

Anyways, what an awesome couple of days.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beancooker,

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
That's a heartwarming story.

Thanks!

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 6168 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Wonderful. Who can ask for anything better in life than that?

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
My man, you're blessed! Happy New Year!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post