SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wrongfully served a witness subpoena
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wrongfully served a witness subpoena Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lopezp:
… he leaves the docs with my wife, telling her that he doesn’t make mistakes with subpoenas. …
This is my favorite part. Big Grin

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by lopezp:
What’s puzzling to me is the lack of effort in finding the real witness to this case. With a simple google search of the name and address on the subpoena, I found the full name, DOB, and phone number for the guy. He no longer lives at the address, but the DOB is 1969, not 1982. Not only is our last name different, our middle names are not even close to the same.
Wow! Lazy "research" prior to looking for the person and even lazier "service" (i.e. handing to the wrong person's spouse).

Perhaps the judge who signed needs to hear about this. I was involved in a civil suit, and I fired my first attorney for a myriad of reasons which in hindsight turned out to be just the tip of the iceberg. The respondents complained to the judge that both the serving process and notary process violated state law, and the judge was so pissed he ordered my former attorney to appear and read her the riot act in front of my new attorney and the respondent's attorney.

I doubt a judge signed it. Witness subpoenas can be handled by the lawyers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post