SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Streamlight customer service - very good
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlight customer service - very good Login/Join 
posted
Last week I sent a TLR-4 back to Streamlight because the windage adjustment stripped as I tried to make changes. I bought the light 8+ years ago but had never mounted or adjusted it until recently.

Today I received a replacement TLR4. The way I know it's a replacement is because it's a TLR-4G (green laser) whereas the one I sent in had the red laser. Both the windage and elevation adjustments work and Streamlight included a battery with the unit as well. I don't know if it's a new unit because it didn't come with a box, manual, etc., just in a ziplock bag, but I'm very pleased to have it.

I also sent in a TLR-2s (strobe) that had the battery compartment cover break off at the hinge while I was changing the battery. I'm interested to see whether they replace or repair this one. Either way I'll be happy and am impressed with their service.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I too have had good service from Streamlight. My "Double Clutch" headlamp has broken off at the hinge (where you open it up to charge or replace the battery) twice, and they repaired or replaced it each time. But the last time is going to be the last time. Not only is it too flimsy for frequent use, but the part that breaks is the expensive part, i.e., containing the lens and bulb, not the simple back cover. I have since moved on to other headlamps, although they too have their own drawbacks.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post