SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What PC Monitor would you buy around $200-$300?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What PC Monitor would you buy around $200-$300? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
I've got several monitors on my desk. Want to upgrade the main middle one as I moved my gaming desktop beside my work desk. Allows me to just select a different input. Grab the other mouse & keyboard and off I go.

Plus I'll be starring at it all day while working. I'm thinking 27 inch would be a good size. Not really sure if I should do curved or flat. So open to suggestions there. Could go a little over budget if it makes sense.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
sign up to Woot, they have close out deals from Amazon on all kinds of monitors.

Right now a 27 inch Samsung is $229

https://computers.woot.com/off..._cnt_lnd_cat_pc_6_12

Refurb Dell 24 inch $139 goes for $398 on Amazon full new retail

https://computers.woot.com/off...w_cnt_lnd_cat_pc_6_8

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I almost went with a 27-inch but bought a 32" LG monitor 2 years ago on sale at back-to-school time from MicroCenter instead and am glad I did. I use it for work including AutoCAD and haven't had a moment's trouble with it. On sale price was $149. The current version is $249 but it's on sale right now for $199. You may be closer to the Duluth store so check, but they're showing in stock at the Marietta store.

https://www.microcenter.com/pr...ving-ips-led-monitor

EDIT: Duluth store shows 21 instock, with 47 of 48 reviewers recommending it. I use two monitors so I'm thinking of upgrading my small one to match my main screen. The only drawback is that will take up a lot of desk space.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2106 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wallet isn't safe when these threads appear.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are the dimensions of your desk???

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Best bet is to find one on closeout. New ones have crazy delays due to the chip shortage. I was able to bring my 26 inch DELL monitor home from the office and it is really nice, but most likely more than what you are looking to spend.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Mount it to the wall, or put it on a telescoping arm and the size of your desk becomes almost irrelevant. I have a relatively small desk and two 27" monitors on telescoping arms, and everything works fine.

At some point down the road I'm going to build a new desktop machine and buy one of these 49" Samsung's to go along with it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a quick Public Service Announcement.
I had a large curved monitor and work, maybe 32". When an employee laid it over screen down to clean under the monitor, it broke. The weight of the monitor caused it to fracture on the face.
The monitor was about 2 days old... Otherwise, the large curved monitor was out of sight!
Lineman

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Actually moving my office to another room. So probably going to get a 60" - 64" long gaming style desk to give me plenty of real estate.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I bought a curved screen Samsung at Samsclub and I have enjoyed it very much.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
LG 29” UWHD. I prefer flat as looking at CAD drawings I want straight lines to appear flat and not curved.

If you can stretch the budget a bit, LG 34” UWQHD is what I have at the office, and it’s spectacular.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
HP E27u G4 paired with an E27q G4 if you can find them available.

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Thinking of opening the budget up some. Since I stare at this thing all day long and get something a little nicer.

This is around $450 and seems like a ton of monitor for that dollar amount. Plus I will be gaming on it some as well.
Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx 34" 1500R Curved WQHD (3440 x 1440)

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one. More monitor than I planned on. But ohh well. Will be better than starting at the ones I have. They are about 5-6 years old and behind the times.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: myrottiety,

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
sign up to Woot, they have close out deals from Amazon on all kinds of monitors.

Right now a 27 inch Samsung is $229

https://computers.woot.com/off..._cnt_lnd_cat_pc_6_12

Refurb Dell 24 inch $139 goes for $398 on Amazon full new retail

https://computers.woot.com/off...w_cnt_lnd_cat_pc_6_8
I have a 27" Samsung and like it al lot.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Dell S2719H

Excellent monitor, and it has internal speakers, which was a must for my setup.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out the Benq outlet/refurbished website you can normally find a nice monitor in the $2-300 range or a really good gaming monitor for $4-500

Benq Refurbished

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Saw some nice ones at Costco yesterday for under $200. They had several brands and models in stock I was kind of surprised. May want to look there for one.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post