SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In search of: A SigForum Physical Therapist
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In search of: A SigForum Physical Therapist Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
I have some questions about PT and would like to discuss by email.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7309 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are five types of p.t.,

You might want to add a particular application.

For better results.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55234 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Pre-Op, hip replacement. Trying to determine those to provide post-op success.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7309 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Hal "MRMN50" Bass was a SIGforum member. He's a Physical Therapist, or some very similar profession.

About four years ago, his CUT was changed to "banned."

I do have his old email address, not sure whether it's still valid, but you can email me if you want it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you find what you are looking for, but honestly post op total hips are like PT bread and butter. Any competent PT will have no problem getting you moving. My wife is a therapist, and usually the biggest barrier is people not wanting to move as much as they are allowed to, and not walking right away ( like several hours post surgery.)
If you have a posterior approach ( while old school a lot of older surgeons still do it this way) posterior hip precautions are important.
More modern technique is the anterior approach, which has fewer post op activity restrictions.

Either way, if you have not already, most surgeons will recommend you attend a pre surgical joint replacement class ,which usually answers all your questions and concerns

Posts: 3395 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
<snip>
About four years ago, his CUT was changed to "banned."
<snip>

A significant downgrade. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9512 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:
Bones do not have nerves,

Ummm....

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post