SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nissan Frontier fans: up for some retro?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nissan Frontier fans: up for some retro? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
The article is a year and a half old, but I just saw it today.

Headline:
Turns Out the New Nissan Frontier Looks Fantastic on Old Hardbody Pickup Wheels.

The Project Hardbody is one of three modified Frontier concepts coming to the Chicago Auto Show.

Here's the article:
Article at The Drive

720 project pic from the article:

Hardbody Project pic:

As a former 720-series pickup owner, I can say I do kinda like the retro 720 design. A little. But the Hardbody mockup, with those chunky three-spoke wheels is just plain awesome.

I drove a 2023 Frontier Pro-4X a couple of Fridays ago. I was quickly reminded why I swapped my old pickup for an SUV over two decades ago, but that doesn't change how impressed I was with the new model (especially when remembered against my '84 model). I know Tacoma is all the rage, and the Frontier's turning radius sucks, but I still think it's a darned nice truck. Practical? Not as much as it ought to be. But good looking? Heck, yeah, man!

God bless America.

Posts: 13908 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Tonka Truck Wheels... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I realize that this is a show/concept truck, but I have yet to figure out why most everything now has to have gigantic emblems and big stickers everywhere.

Can they make a truck for those of us who are not on Instagram?

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Tonka Truck Wheels... Wink

Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Can they make a truck for those of us who are not on Instagram?

Yessir! The one I drove last month:

It's got the Pro-4X sticker, but those come off easily with a hair dryer. "Or so, I'm told...." Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13908 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I find myself admiring the styling of the Nissan Frontier more and more and unfortunately find myself wondering if it’s arch nemesis the Toyota Tacoma is going in the opposite direction.

The Frontier in its latest iteration looks good great. Toss in some retro styling and I like it even more. I’m a sucker for retro 70’s & 80’s styling cues.

The Tacoma on the other hand seems to be emulating the newest Tundra’s styling which IMO is not a good look. It’s not as ugly as the Tundra yet but it isn’t exactly improving with each refresh in my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post