SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Air Therapy. Riding just erases stress.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Therapy. Riding just erases stress. Login/Join 
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Bought a 2003 VRod for the most you could spend on one - I want to sell it but every spring I start it and while listening to it idle - I say No Way - I would have to finally take the $ hit and if I keep it I can wait for it to go up in value.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I got the adventure bike itch bad… Gave up my motorcycle endorsement 20 years ago after moving here as traffic is so bad.

The last two decades and its only gotten worse; people don’t even see me with four wheels in a rag top.

But I still get the itch … contemplating…

same problem here. My solution: Off Road Biking.

Not sure how it is where you live but between me and the big pond to the west there is like a hundred miles of off road Motorcycle trails to be explored.

Not a car to be seen.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10939 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try riding in the Metro Detroit area.

Wait, I thought those were a combined activity in Detroit....

Need to get some airtime myself, Bikeweek is coming up soon...

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love riding and it is a great stress reliever so long as you can avoid all the morons in cages. The ones texting, the ones with the phone up to their ear, the women applying make up, people reading news papers and the list goes on. I ride mainly in the country but I still have to get through built up areas to get to the country roads. Being retired helps since I can leave home after the AM rush hour and be back home before the PM rush hour starts. Last summer I hauled my bike from PA to Rapid City, SD and then rode my bike 4000 miles in 14 days through S Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon and Idaho with stops at Yellowstone, Glacier and Badlands Natl Parks. I had a wonderful time riding some very isolated roads were I didn't see but a handful of vehicles for 100 miles.

Posts: 1631 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Down here in south Louisiana riding season can be 12 months long if you ride smart. Was told if you saw a motorcycle parked outside a physicatarist (?) office it was for the doctors personal form of therapy ......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2024 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Down here in south Louisiana riding season can be 12 months long if you ride smart.
Similar weather here in Houston, but I've only ridden a handful of times between Memorial Day and Labor Day during a rare northern cold front.

Other times, I don't see many riders wearing helmet, gloves, boots, jacket, etc. in the summer. I'm a big believer in AGATT, and I don't ride because I sweat so much that my glasses are like waterfalls. Even at sunrise, the GD humidity gets me.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23317 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I sacrificed my BMW to the Dempster Hwy gods...and have been without since.

I hope I can solve that problem soon. I'm definitely getting the "itch" for some therapy.

Love the photos of others' rides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
wish I could ride. We have had a couple of warm days but they have been bookended with winter storms and the roads are covered in salt, slush and deep puddles from snow melt. Hell, my street is still mostly snow and slush covered. Probably have about 5-6 more weeks.

Ship it or trailer it down here, Bike Week starts March 4th to the 13th... Mid 70's predicted the whole week, sunny other thant two days, and by then, that might change.

It's Bikini's Bikes, Beers in whatever order you like...

https://officialbikeweek.com/

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go back and forth on whether its too dangerous vs not worrying about it, life will happen. So my compromise is backroads, no suburban riding.

It looks like Richard C and I have the same bike!

2015 Suzuki Hayabusa
with a LSL handlebar conversion for sport touring.

Posts: 237 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
I sacrificed my BMW to the Dempster Hwy gods...

I am unfamiliar with this god. Is this similar to the I-40 God of Merciless Potholes, or the I-40 God of Endless 18 Wheelers in the Left Lane?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I can relate, there's nothing like getting in some helmet time to lower stress and clear your mind.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7119 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It is a glorious day for riding! 70° and sunny!! Big Grin

Nothing melts away the seasonal angst that accompanies cold weather quite like a 90° twin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
I got the Pan America Prepped with the saddle bag mounts.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
I got the Pan America Prepped with the saddle bag mounts.

Riding it to Daytona ?? Big Grin

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m glad I grabbed the hoodie because at speed it was a lot colder than it felt walking around.

Today was FUN! Big Grin

post picture

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post