SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mark Levin interviews Ben Shapiro on 'Life, Liberty & Levin'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark Levin interviews Ben Shapiro on 'Life, Liberty & Levin' Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
Maybe Ben Shapiro talks too fast... but he always has a lot to say.

Mark Levin interviews Ben Shapiro on 'Life, Liberty & Levin'

https://video.foxnews.com/v/61...364001#sp=show-clips

I can't find the whole thing on youtube yet, but here's an excerpt:

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I think Shapiro is a smart guy with a good message, but his voice is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Ben's message that Republicans need to win the culture perspective is wrong. We need others to understand history and be well educated, then culture will right itself. Trying to win perceptions and emotions plays to the Liberals game.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Dakor, I think that's an astute observation.
I've often heard about 'winning the culture war' and I've always wondered "How?".

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One aspect of the "culture war" is what we can each do individually. Reject what is pernicious, learn and adopt what is good on a personal and family level.

Judge ideas and values by what they yield. As observed in Matthew "[N]o good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit." What does the culture they are trying to sell us produce? Bad fruit in most cases.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Andrew Breitbart famously said politics is downstream from culture. Agreed that education is the key but Breitbart proved culture too can be used to advantage. Gotta wonder how different things might have been had he lived.

More importantly today, watch this Levin/Shapiro video, excellent.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post