SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lindsey Vonn suffers back injury in World Cup race after Trump comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lindsey Vonn suffers back injury in World Cup race after Trump comments Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I’m a fan of ski racing, but turned off Lindsey when she started up with Tiger. Poor judgement.

This latest is the continuation of the downward spiral.

Watch Mikaela Shiffrin if you want to cheer for a great American skier. Leading the FIS overall, winning in both her usual slalom, and this year in downhill too...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lindsey Vonn apologizes!

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I no longer care. I don't wish ill on people, but if they decide to open your trap and make stupid statements out of their lane, I won't apologize for laughing when they get the karma that comes to them. Vonn should ask the NFL for advice on how to manage her current snafu. Wink

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Have not been a fan since her bad decisions in the past, screwing around with a married man - great choice. But as I recall Tiger golfs with the President.

For the heck of it, I navigated to her some of her sponsors sites and told them it was bad for business when their athletes ran their mouths against our President and therefore me. Head Skis (go figure), Red Bull, Oakley, Briki, Leko, Reusch, UnderArmor.

I don't have a FB account, but looks like she is getting the business over there.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Lindsey Vonn apologizes!

Link does not work for me. No biggie.

I have mixed emotions about her injury. Part of me says, "Good, she deserves it". The other part says, "Gee, too bad about her situation and hope she recovers quickly".

But after due consideration, I come down on the side of, She does not deserve my sympathy because she experienced KARMA.

Sadly, some people fail/refuse to recognized that their day in the sun has ended.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Link does not work for me.

Wink

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Sure, "celebrity" "apologies". Pretty much all they amount to is "I really aren't sorry about what I said, only that I got flack for it".

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She hasn't apologized and she won't apologize. jehzsa is just being clever.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
My grand-girls asked me how old I was; I told them that I was so old I remember when athletes just hit the ball, ran the ball, jumped over the thing, swam in the pool, punched somebody in the mouth and the only opinion they gave was that I should eat Wheaties.

they said, 'wow, that's old'.

Posts: 6395 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
karma is a wonderful thing

suck it bitch

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe she should try curling?

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I guess she is Captain Obvious in that any American athlete who goes to the Olympics represents our country and not the President.

Well, in a sense she does represent him because the President is a US citizen.
Take that Lindsay.

I kind of doubt she will like my logic.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
suck it bitch

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I was asked my opinion and I gave it," Vonn told reporters Friday. "I mean, it's not necessarily my place to be sticking my nose in politics, but as an athlete I do have a voice."

No, it isn't. Particularly since you're totally ignorant about it. And WTF is this shit about "as an athlete I do have a voice"? I've got a flash you, twit: EVERYBODY has a voice, that's one of the many things that President Trump is fighting to keep alive in this country in spite of your hero Kaepernick and others like him. Irony obviously escapes you, as it does so many of your kind. But what I'd like to hear you explain is this: Just what is it that makes YOUR voice, "as a athlete", more important than mine or anybody else's??????

Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol? I'm gonna go make a pot of chili now, with beans. I just might toss a little bourbon in it, too.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
But these modern liberals aren't just spouting or advocating "political" differences anymore. They are nasty, hateful, holier than thou pieces of shit who hate everything I believe in and my very way of life. They are not just another party anymore, they are the enemy as much as Russia, China, Korea or any system of oppression and anti American hatred in the world.

Exactly how I view these people. Fuck them, and fuck her. I couldn't be happier with the results of her self inflicted karma.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
All I can think of is that bully from the Simpsons pointing and yelling "HA-HA" Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She’s about 8 years past her skiing prime and I don’t see her being viable in 2022. My bet is she is a NBC announcer for skiing in the not too distant future. She better save that endorsement money she wont be able to trade on her looks much longer

Posts: 4767 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Better to b thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I may disagree with her political views, but as a person who lives with constant pain from a back injury where the surgical repair at least allows me to walk but hurt 24/7, I'll be goddamned if I will wish a fucked up spine on her.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand. I have bouts with low back pain, and leg problems. All related.

The point is schadenfreude. Well-deserved schadenfreude. Coincidental? Perhaps. Karmic? Now there's a nice little thought!

Which I certainly don't have against you.