SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man sneezes out part of his large intestine.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man sneezes out part of his large intestine. Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted
That's a headline rarely seen! Poor bastard...

https://www.newsweek.com/man-s...fter-surgery-1916553

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8665 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Gives a new meaning to sneezing your guts out. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3796 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Jesus. New fear unlocked! Eek

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's all manor of wisecracks about prolapsing your internals.....this one is crazy

Posts: 15109 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Based on the title I had assumed it was up his throat and out of his mouth which would have had me really impressed.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15877 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It's good to read stories like this because it puts life into perspective. No matter how bad my day is, at least my guts are still inside of me.

Also, I'd have definitely driven myself to the hospital, because that would have made for a badass story, and probably freaked out the ER receptionist Big Grin.

Posts: 9302 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
No matter how bad my day is, at least my guts are still inside of me.

Day ain’t over yet.

And yes I am the idiot who would have duct taped and drove myself to the hospital. Hell I’ve done so with an abdominal stab would. So umm go me. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7908 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
And yes I am the idiot who would have duct taped and drove myself to the hospital. Hell I’ve done so with an abdominal stab would. So umm go me. Frown

Same here.

I irrigated and closed a hand wound with paper stitches after sawing into my hand cutting firewood while camping, rather than driving the hours back to the hospital. Healed with minimal scarring.

I come by it genetically. My dad drilled a hole through his palm while repairing the exhaust on a car, wrapped it in a bandana, finished the job, and then drove himself to the hospital.

Posts: 33151 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the Siamese cat injured with one kidney popped out. I assisted Dad (Veterinarian) in removing the kidney and putting the cat back together. She live a fine life thereafter. Her name was Lil

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6417 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Day ain’t over yet.

That is true! Big Grin

I had my wife pull a piece of bullet jacket out of my head last year with a pair of pliers out of my toolbox. I'd caught some shrapnel off a steel plate (was back plenty far but should have been wearing a hat) about a month before and just wiped the blood off, held pressure till it clotted, and kept shooting. A month later it still wasn't healing and one day I reached up there and felt something sticking out of the top of my head. She wasn't happy about it but she pulled it out and it healed just fine after that. Much simpler and cheaper than going to the Dr. with our HDHP.

It'd probably be worth a trip to the ER to get my guts put back inside, though!

Posts: 9302 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
1) small bowel not large bowel is more likely
2) 3 Urologic surgeons repaired the defect after bladder cystectomy? Should be one general surgeon doing the repair with mesh and wire.
Half truths......

Posts: 2378 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
1) small bowel not large bowel is more likely
2) 3 Urologic surgeons repaired the defect after bladder cystectomy? Should be one general surgeon doing the repair with mesh and wire.
Half truths......
Oh come on. You really don’t expect the “reporter” to have any clue what they are writing about and get it even remotely close to right do you?

Posts: 7106 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Until I read the story I imagined the guts came out rectally. Not sure which is worse

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29919 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I have a highly evolved imagination, I completely creeped myself out thinking of all the exits. Then of course I read the piece.

I'm better now.

Posts: 6531 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Until I read the story I imagined the guts came out rectally. Not sure which is worse

I'd assumed the same, I'd imagine abdominal, via a surgical wound, would maybe be preferable. You know, if you had to choose.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Good reminder to follow your surgeon's advice to stay on the sofa, avoid lifting, etc. after abdominal surgery.

<Holy Shit Batman>

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8946 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
"Excuse me while I whip this out!"

I have seen some violent sneezing much of it due to allergies.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3948 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife (RH) says if bladder removed, it’s likely a “neobladder” was constructed, out of a section of intestine, to replace the removed bladder. That’s probably why Urologists were called in.

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I'd assumed the same, I'd imagine abdominal, via a surgical wound, would maybe be preferable. You know, if you had to choose.

Am I immature for imagining a rectal breach like one of those kids blow out party favors? Lolol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29919 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

Same here.

I irrigated and closed a hand wound with paper stitches after sawing into my hand cutting firewood while camping, rather than driving the hours back to the hospital. Healed with minimal scarring.

I come by it genetically. My dad drilled a hole through his palm while repairing the exhaust on a car, wrapped it in a bandana, finished the job, and then drove himself to the hospital.

He's not alone, it's a mindset for the dedicated:
https://grassrootsmotorsports....rough-your-own-hand/

I don't feel bad about hijacking this thread. By the way, the comments are worth reading RE: drilled your own hand Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DoctorSolo,

Posts: 5234 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post