SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which program do I need?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which program do I need? Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted
I'm not sure which Photo Shop I need to purchase. I'd like to ultimately do my own beer labels. But, I have a bunch of picture frames in my bar area I would like to retask. So, I need a program where I can print out an exact size to fit the frame.

Posts: 7582 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Photoshop Elements should suit your needs. Or you can pay $10 to use the most powerful Photoshop CC for a month.

Posts: 13055 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I did have a copy of Paint Shop Pro on my old computer. Version 6 I believe. Is Element better?

Posts: 7582 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, I need a program where I can print out an exact size to fit the frame.

If you're not doing any editing, just want to print to a certain size, you don't need special software at all. You can just use scaling in your operating system's print prompt.

quote:
I'd like to ultimately do my own beer labels.

For graphic design, you want really a vector drawing program like Adobe Illustrator. They're useless for photo editing, though.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge Coreldraw fan. It's vector based but perfect for designing labels. The learning curve is steep but so is Photoshop.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4249 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you could post a rough sample I'm sure you'd get ideal recommendations.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post