SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a new blue tooth speaker
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new blue tooth speaker Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
Have a Harmon Kardon Onyx 3 in the house that I got for Christmas one year and it flat gets down. I generally find myself using my Makita XRM08 though. Runs on my plentiful supply of drill batteries, and ultra durable, and sounds pretty good to me.

I have a Onyx 2 and its awesome cant go wrong!

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

If you're an Apple fan, and don't mind spending a bit more, get a Homepod. Great sound. It uses AC power, so no recharging or battery replacement to worry about. It uses Bluetooth 5.0 and Airplay, so you can stream from any Apple device on your network, or with a subscription to Apple Music just play what you want (responds to Siri commands). It also can be used for phone calls, with your iPhone nearby.

I bought a pair of the HomePods (for stereo). You say, “It uses Bluetooth 5.0”. That’s not quite correct. The specs do state Bluetooth 5.0 hardware, but the HomePods don’t actually use it. They will NOT play music delivered via Bluetooth, so I returned them. The Apple guy that sold them to me said that they would (I asked), but the Apple guy that took my return confirmed that they won’t.

A shame. Nearly every review had the highest praise for their audio quality. The guy that took my return said that a future firmware update would add music-via-Bluetooth support. If that happens I’ll repurchase.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested in the Homepods, they are on sale at $299 at Costco.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post