SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does your state offer no cash bail ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does your state offer no cash bail ? Login/Join 
posted
If so,
How's that working out ?

Illannoy
Just started it.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54694 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That's not at all surprising, considering it's been a disaster everywhere else.

Posts: 21122 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Of course we do and it's working wonderfully. If you're on the wrong side of the law.

Posts: 3469 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Brace yourself bendable - it's only going to get worse. Frown

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
It's working out spectacular in Pittsburgh. Guy arrive in town on a bus with $1.6 million in fentanyl. Drug sniffing dog finds the drugs, guy gets arrested. Arraigned by a progressive no cash bail judge and is set free without posting a bond.

SHOCKINGLY he failed to show for his court date.

Just like he failed to show for a NY court date.

The local DA is not happy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsb...burgh-no-show-court/

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 721 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Not Here !

Reading the local news online, it seems like everyone they catch is from out of the area. So they deem them a flight risk, so no bail.

Posts: 1353 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Oh hell ‘yea! NY has it all, sanctuary city, cashless bail, painfully high taxes, shit roads, decrepit infrastructure, overpaid school admins. We’ve got it all!!! Can’t wait to gtfo!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
No cash bail a Soros idea to bring America's cities to their knees.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have the Northwest Community Bail Fund in Seattle. It's like having no cash bail.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NH has PR (personal recognizance) bail. Absolute mess. People being cut loose that have no business being out free. Repeat offenders is super common.

Posts: 2198 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bail? Ha! It's catch and release here. Like citation that has no teeth and cut loose on the spot. It works about as well as one with even a half functioning brain might suspect.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, how does it work?
If the bad guy decides to no show,
Is it an automatic 7 years in lock down ?
No questions or excuses.

Just go get your mind right.

Posts: 54694 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Texas allowed for a Personal Recognizance Bond (PR Bond) in which a person is released without putting up money. It got out of control in Harris County (Houston area) and a guy killed a cop while out on bond. Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed a bill into law in 2021 (SB6) that prevents PR Bonds for violent crimes or certain crimes committed while a person is out on bail or community supervision. A PR Bond is still available for low level offenses as far as I know.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
None of that stupidity in these parts partner!

Screw around, get caught, and the BOOM hammer drops! Bail means pony up and no pandering.
Conviction penalties are not meager in severity either. (Ask any of the dumb shits who come for the Sturgis Rally from out of state and think they can flaunt the law here!) Currently the state and local authorities are working together to ensure that convicted do full sentences. None of this bullshit where you get sentenced to 20 years and walk after 6. You're gonna do the 20 period as it should be.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
None of that stupidity in these parts partner!

Screw around, get caught, and the BOOM hammer drops! Bail means pony up and no pandering.
Conviction penalties are not meager in severity either. (Ask any of the dumb shits who come for the Sturgis Rally from out of state and think they can flaunt the law here!) Currently the state and local authorities are working together to ensure that convicted do full sentences. None of this bullshit where you get sentenced to 20 years and walk after 6. You're gonna do the 20 period as it should be.

I can only imagine all the crap local LE deals with when it comes to Sturgis and I would bet if they had a no cash bond, then many people from out of state arrested would take the chance of getting out, leaving the state, not showing for court, and just hoping to not get caught in the future and extradited back.

<thread drift. I won’t forget probably 25 years ago when I was in Mississippi for work, I think it was that state, I got pulled over in a small town for doing 5 MPH over the speed limit probably 20 feet away from the speed limit sign that increased the speed. I was traveling late in the day to go to the next city several hours away where I had a flight out early in the morning. They had a law that they physically took possession of your driver license if you were from out of state until you paid your ticket. The court was closed at that time and I HAD to have my DL to fly out the next morning. The cop would not give me a break for 5 MPH over and said if I went to an ATM and gave him the cash for the fine, he would pay it for me and give me my DL back. I knew he was a crooked cop and was taking my money but I wanted to fly out and had no real way to prove it. He followed me to an ATM and I gave him him the money and he gave me my DL back. Years later I looked into it and sure enough there was no record of anything taking place so that cop just used the law to take my money. End thread drift >

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Rock Island county attorney just said
That there is no correlation between people with or without financial stability,
Pertaining to criminal activity.

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
PR bonds have always been a thing for minor stuff.

TMK, usually where no/minimal time is expected.

Posts: 5747 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
In Virginia a person who stands accused of stabbing another person was released on a PR bond, then visited my church. There he claimed to be a church planter (missionary, of sorts), just getting his church off the ground. His record suggests otherwise.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5061 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post