SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are Mac Sodimm DD3 sticks same as PC?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are Mac Sodimm DD3 sticks same as PC? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Looking for 4GB locally available memory sticks and all the adds read Mac (compatible) RAM. I need them for an old Toshiba.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12275 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That should be fine for your use case.

Posts: 39 | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Just make sure you get the speed and timing right on what you buy to insure the best compatibility with your system. No need to pay for faster RAM is your system can't take advantage of it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are Mac Sodimm DDR3 sticks same as PC?

The specification for memory modules is independent of Operating System.
So a DDR3 Sodimm is the same but the question it is whatever the hardware will support?

So I guess the answer to your question is "yes".

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Absolutely no difference.
I buy notebook PC memory for Macs.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39874 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post