SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How stupid (or drunk) do you have to be to harass Mike Tyson?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How stupid (or drunk) do you have to be to harass Mike Tyson? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Within the cramped confines of a commercial airliner, no less! I'd love to meet Mike Tyson. Truly, I would. I'll be that if you're nice to him, he's the salt of the Earth, but, damn, if you've got a death wish...

Mike Tyson throws punches at unruly passenger on JetBlue flight

Legendary boxer Mike Tyson was reportedly involved in a scuffle with an airline passenger on Wednesday night that left the passenger bloodied.

TMZ released a video on Thursday that showed Tyson punching a man seated a row behind him at San Francisco International Airport in an incident that the media outlet said occurred after passengers continued to pester the former boxer after he asked them to stop.

A witness on the plane told TMZ that the former heavyweight champ was initially cordial to fans asking for photographs but one man continued talking in Tyson’s ear which appeared to irritate him before punches flew.

A source reportedly told TMZ that the man who approached Tyson was extremely intoxicated.

TMZ reported that the man who was punched received medical attention and went to the police following the incident.

The San Francisco Airport Police and Jet Blue Airlines did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News.

_________

Get 'em, Mike! Drunko went to the police? Ya pussy!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face...

Posts: 23575 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a firm believer that stupidity needs to be either painful or expensive.

About as smart as playing around with bears or rattlesnakes. Sooner or later....

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8368 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Looks like he pulled his punches …

https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/21...-bloodies-passenger/

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Mike was gentle with him. He deserved to be treated less gently.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think Mike won one of his 1st championship bouts when he was just 16. I've watched so many of his fights and we all know how hard that man can punch. I pitty the fool. Mike Tyson will forever be part of boxing history. Super fighter.

Posts: 17920 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Back when Mike was in his prime you couldn't talk about him without someone raising the question, “would you let Tyson punch you in he face for a million dollars?”. I hope this asshole doesn’t get the payoff he likely will receive. He deserved to get his ass kicked.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I cannot imagine the level of inebriation it would take for me to be any thing other than very polite to Mike Tyson.

(To be fair I'm pretty polite to most people even when I've had a few drinks.)

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
My guess was he was drunk and possibly looking for a settlement.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Drunk was heard saying to a friend beforehand: "Hold my ear!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43921 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
I cannot imagine the level of inebriation it would take for me to be any thing other than very polite to Mike Tyson.
I don't drink but feel fairly certain there isn't enough alcohol on the planet that would prompt me to attack Mike.

quote:
Legendary boxer Mike Tyson was reportedly involved in a scuffle with an airline passenger on Wednesday night that left the passenger bloodied.
Factually incorrect. Upon watching the video, a more accurate comment might be..."Passenger on a flight had his ass handed to him by Mike Tyson for being...stupid." Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Tyson certainly regulated that guys manic outburst...gave him wonderful therapy.

Posts: 1975 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Drunk was heard saying to a friend beforehand: "Hold my ear!"
Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FLKev
posted Hide Post
Too bad he hadn't made it to FL before this happened. Unfortunately, being in Cali at the time the guy will likely get a HUGE payout!

"It's gon' be some slow singing -n- flower bringing............ if my burglar alarm starts ringing"

Posts: 587 | Location: GATORLAND | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember has a kid hearing about boxing champs. He is not allowed to hit you because his hands are registered as deadly weapons. I was never so stupid as to irritate a professinal boxer.

Posts: 17277 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Idiot deserved every punch.

We like to rag on celebrities at times, but I have seen footage of autograph hounds and Starfuckers that just go ballistic, become extreme assholes trying to get a guitar pickguard signed, or a baseball, etc. while the celebrity is just trying to have a normal day.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Fuck with the bull … get the horns. Guy was a major jackass. I hope he doesn’t get a payday for this but in todays world he probably will. Fuckwit.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
If I were ever to meet Mike Tyson on the street, or in an airplane for that matter. I'd tell him he was one of the greatest fighters to ever live, maybe ask for a picture with him, then leave him the Eff alone.

No one deserves to be hounded like that. Show some respect and let the man be.

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Thanks to the video, this clown can’t walk into a court room and lie about what precipitated those love taps. Can you imagine enduring actual bare knuckle punches from him? He could literally kill you with ease.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15619 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post