SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seat warmers and heated steering wheels in Florida
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seat warmers and heated steering wheels in Florida Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
Don’t suck at all.

They were an option on my Ram when I bought it but I never paid any attention to them.
Left for work at 5:30 this morning with the temps right at 40F (shut up, thats counts as cold as shit here in FL) and decided to test them out.

They made made waiting for the heat to kick in almost nice. Almost.
I had to turn the steering wheel heater off before i got out to the main roads, that thing got toasty.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It sure is cold when it's 40. If I can't wear shorts and sandals, it's cold. Big Grin

I remember a few years ago when we dipped into the high 20s in Orlando. That was miserable.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13262 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I use mine any time it dips below 59 degrees. Smile

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I’ve found they’re also welcome occasionally during the winter in Gilbert Arizona.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
HA!! Used my seat warmer both yesterday and today. In extreme southeast Texas... Big Grin Big Grin Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently 15 degrees here in the Yoop. My seat and steering wheel warmers automatically turn on when I hit the remote start.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use them oftentimes when it’s fairly warm out. I broke my back years ago and it can get pretty stiff so that heat always makes it feel a bit better.

Posts: 3921 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Also works for keeping your takeout food warm until you get home.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11766 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Also works for keeping your takeout food warm until you get home.

Never considered that..

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My dog likes laying on the passenger seat when it's turned on.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
It sure is cold when it's 40. If I can't wear shorts and sandals, it's cold. Big Grin

I remember a few years ago when we dipped into the high 20s in Orlando. That was miserable.

You guys suck. Big Grin Yesterday it was -9°F which set a new record for the low on that date here.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I use my seat warmers in anything below 55 but I don't turn my heat on til the 40's.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I had to go to Pensacola today to take my watches in for appraisal. I had the heat on, the seat heaters on and used the steering wheel heat for a while. It was 50 outside. I like my seat heaters.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anything below 70 is too cold for me. In the house last evening and most of the day, I had the heat on, it was in the low-mid 60s outside, didn't care what it was inside, it was too cold for me. Even my wife, originally from PA, was a bit chilled.

My Pilot has heated seats and heated steering wheel and I used them yesterday, last evening and this morning. Sweat shirt, jeans, felt great!

You folks from the north are just tougher than me, but at least I am warm.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Laughs in -3*…

I love my seat heaters though! They are nice on the lower back too.

Dad joke I saw online: “Do you know why they are called seat heaters? Because rear defroster was taken!”

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We're driving from Tucson to Phoenix in about an hour. 43 here - you bet I'll have my heated seat and steering wheel heater on.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I take my wife’s car, I wonder why I’m getting swamp ass! She’ll use the heated seats in July! You’d think I’d learn.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Laughs in -3*…

The other side of that coin is-
I don’t think you and I would handle July and August down there.

We’d melt faster than ice cream!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8349 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
You guys suck. Big Grin Yesterday it was -9°F which set a new record for the low on that date here.

If it's too cold for me to wear shorts and flip flops, it's too cold. Big Grin

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post