SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Peanut butter spreader - surely someone has one
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peanut butter spreader - surely someone has one Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Here’s the ridiculous problem -

Our peanut butter comes in jars 7.5” deep

Our knives have 5” blades except for the huge chef knives.

Getting the peanut butter in the bottom means the handle gets goobered up too.

Is a cake icing spatula my only option for a spreading knife long enough to get to the PB in the bottom?

This problem has gone on long enough!

Posts: 17895 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
when the jar gets that far down I open a new jar.

When the new jar has room we take a spatula and scrape the peanut butter out of the old jar to add to the new jar.

Now if I could get my wife to throw away the salad dressing bottle when it only has "that" much dressing left....

Dave

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with using a cake icing spatula? (The metal, not rubber kind. Also known as a "spatula knife".)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16362 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Rounded tip bread knife? The blade - ~10 inches - is more than long enough to reach the bottom with room to spare for the handle and your fingers, the round tip would let you get all the PB out of the bottom corners of the jar, and spread the PB with the smooth back edge -not the cutting edge - against the bread. Just a thought; I've never thought much about it until now.

quote:

When the new jar has room we take a spatula and scrape the peanut butter out of the old jar to add to the new jar.
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
large spoon??

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Narrow hard rubber spatula.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Silicone spatula or better yet spoonula

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A longer knife....

Or a smaller jar....

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Narrow hard rubber spatula.

Or anything like it. I use a wide silicon spatula. Anything that sticks to it gets "precleaned" (yum!) before it goes in the dishwasher.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2071 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have one made by Cutco. I’m not near it right now to measure, but it’s long enough to go into deeper jars and the tip is designed to get into the bottom curves and get as much out as possible It does a fine job of spreading whatever is wanted. Great design.

EDIT: I just searched Ebay with Cutco Jam Spreader Spatula., there are lots for sale. Be advised that they come in different lengths, one is 12 inches in length, most are a bit shorter.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this came up one other time and a few people had good solutions?

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
PB-Jife at WalMart. Made for the task. All reviews are good. Says its larger than seen in pictures.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:

Now if I could get my wife to throw away the salad dressing bottle when it only has "that" much dressing left....

Dave

So technically speaking 10 or 15 or 20 years from now your jar of peanut butter will have 20 year old peanut butter in it...

Something to ponder...

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I use an antique flexible metal spatula that's agile enough to scrape the jar walls as well as nimbly bending into the curve of the bottom/side confluence. I suppose it's very similar to the 'cake icing spatula' but granny never called it that.

Adams requires a bit of stirring now & then to keep the mixture just right.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Rubber scraper/spatula.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Your search is over.

The large one works very well and the small 8" is also great for jam, jelly, mustard and similar.

I have both and highly recommend them.

Tovolo

Posts: 4081 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
PB-Jife at WalMart. Made for the task. All reviews are good. Says its larger than seen in pictures.

Funny name but it’s interesting. Never seen one in a store.

Posts: 17895 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My dog’s tongue is 5” and the jar 7” deep, he’s able to clean the bottom of jar.

You must be doing something wrong. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the bendable zone

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...470032424#2470032424

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
large spoon??

That's what I use.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3486 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post