SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did Your Home Depot Have A Hot Dog Stand?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Your Home Depot Have A Hot Dog Stand? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
My local Home Depot's have had hot dog stands for as long as I remember, but it seems like they suddenly are all gone now. It sounds like some new HD management decided they didn't want them around and kicked them all out?

This sounds like an incredibly stupid move to me.

Posts: 33805 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
The Home Depot and Lowes here both stopped allowing the hot dog stands about 3 or 4 years ago. I enjoyed grabbing a hot dog on Saturdays when I had to run back to the store for that mandatory "one thing I forgot" on every project.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
The HD in San Diego did. Per wife's brother (regional VP) it was because of bean counters and confirmed when sales and visitor count did not change.

The HD i mention now has a Duff's Dawgs kiosk in the parking lot.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Our's still has one. Not a bad meal for under $5!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think ours ever did.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I can't ever remember seeing any.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Never seen one here.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Nope, never have seen one.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Our local Home Depot has a Wendy's and a Bass Pro in the parking lot!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
The one near my house has had one for as long as I can remember and it is still there.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to go look but they've had a hot dog stand for as long as I can remember.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I got one there not too long ago. Must be a regional thing.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
The ones in South Jersey never did but the one in Southwest FL still does have a stand. So no change in policy from my viewpoint.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Our local Home Depot has a Wendy's and a Bass Pro in the parking lot!

Mine has a gun store in the parking lot

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Ours does. It is against the outside front wall of the store. One woman operation. Imagine she makes a good living as business is brisk.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Our local one had a Nathans hot dog stand in the store when it opened - full service with a seating area and their own entrance as well as access from inside the HD.
Now it's the tool rental dept. Frown

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Does it have a full mustard bar?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
our lowes has a rice bowl wagon Roll Eyes

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
My local Lowes still has a hotdog cart.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post