SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stressless recliners? UPDATE I just bought a pair.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stressless recliners? UPDATE I just bought a pair. Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted
Anyone have one? Thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ridewv,

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I seriously looked at them, evaluated the price and left for the FlexSteel store. They are very expensive.

Comfort? Only you can decide.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately they are expensive. I recall sitting in one my friend had some years back and it was very comfortable. He is deceased now so I can't ask how it's holding up or if he still loves it.
Closest store to me is probably Pittsburg. Or northern VA when I visit family there.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
We have three that we purchased a long time ago. If the quality is the same and it were necessary, I’d buy another without hesitation.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
They can be worth it. Not the only option though.

Important to get fitted for the chair. Not all chairs will be comfortable for you.

But quality is high and should provide years of comfort if you buy right.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I did notice many come in S,M, and L. The one I sat in was medium and felt good for my 5'-11", 190# build.

posted Hide Post
I have 2 of them. Fit my body nice, but after my back fusion I can't get out of them. To low to the ground. I bought 2 Duitailer recliners and they are great.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one with the swivel base at my desk. Great chair.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard of Duitailer recliners I'll look them up.

A swivel/rocker/recliner is the most versatile seat one can get, I'll look at those. The oner I sat in was not swivel and had an ottoman rather than the flip-up leg rest. It was nice though.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We had the original Stressless; it was OK.
In 2007 I bought a Las Vegas model with very soft leather. It fit me very well, much more comfortable I thought than other chairs.
It was particularly comfortable when I went through a period of recurrent back problems.
I still have it, am sitting in it right now. It needs to have some repair work done on the leather.
WIth that I expect to have it another 25 years.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I have dutailier glider recliners too. Comfortable.

But I’ve noticed the cushion quality and comfort varies greatly with model. Try before you buy. Some cushions really suck even though the frame is good.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Lay-Z-Boy recliners. I bought a new one in 2020. About 6 months in, it broke on a Saturday. I called on Monday, and on Tuesday I had a repairman that fixed it. They are lifetime warranty. While the repairman was there, I mentioned I had my father's Lay-Z-Boy from the 1980s in an upstairs room. He asked to see it and he did a little service on it. They have earned my business for when I need a couch etc. I love buy it for life items.

Posts: 658 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
I love Lay-Z-Boy recliners. I bought a new one in 2020. About 6 months in, it broke on a Saturday. I called on Monday, and on Tuesday I had a repairman that fixed it. They are lifetime warranty. While the repairman was there, I mentioned I had my father's Lay-Z-Boy from the 1980s in an upstairs room. He asked to see it and he did a little service on it. They have earned my business for when I need a couch etc. I love buy it for life items.

Another vote for La-Z-Boy. We've got 2. One we bought in 1996 and one in 2005. Both work great.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
I was given a Stress-less recliner a few years ago. It didn't fit the way I wanted to recline and so I gave it away.

I have owned a La-Z-Boy and loved it.

I recommend sitting in any recliner you are considering and seeing if you like it.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 501 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Yes sit test for sure!

posted Hide Post
I have a powered stressless recliner. The chair is very comfortable. The power works well but it is slow. If I purchase another I would not get a powered chair.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two and think they are worth it.

I bought them on sale both times.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thank you Vanwall and sig2392. I know what you mean about powered and slow, I have a loveseat that each seat reclines with power and it is slow to run through its full range.
I'm actually going to look at two used ones tomorrow.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I just bought a pair with ottomans from someone 2 1/2 hours away that I saw on Facebook Marketplace and I must say the transaction went well. The chairs were as represented, 2 years old and in nice condition. The seller was moving across country to a smaller house in Cali so had to sell a lot of her furniture. The ad said make offer so I offered $1,800 for the pair which she accepted. When I picked them up today she told me with tax she paid almost $7,000 for them. Eek
It wouldn't be my choice of color but it's OK, they sure are comfortable and swivel as well. I like how the leather covers zipper on so removable and I assume replaceable.

posted Hide Post
I have had a Stressless with small ottoman for several years. It still looks and sits like new. This is the most comfortable chair I’ve ever owned or even sat in. I have the medium. My wife likes that it has a slim profile unlike a LazyBoy recliner we had before this Stressless.
About three weeks after purchase I called the furniture dealer and complained something was wrong with the product. Every time I sat in it, I went to sleep. This still happens .

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post